First Outdoor Auto Grow - Gro Dirt

Hi all,

I am getting ready for my first crop of outdoor autos this coming season.

Just purchased some Gro-Dirt Lite off High Powered Organica, aswell as some organic flowering nutes (as on the companies page it suggests that the nutes in the soil are good for 4-6 weeks) and some mulch.

Has anyone had success with the gro dirt and autos, also any tips on starting an early outdoor grow Mid-August to Early September in NSW. No frost and temperatures seem okay, and I do understand the Equinox is in September however I’m looking to squeeze in another one or two crops this season.

- Keen Newbie

You don't have to worry over the equinox with autos, they aren't affected by length of day/night. Temperature is probably the environmental factor that has the greatest impact on autos. 

I haven't used gro dirt, so I can't comment.

When it comes to temperature, how warm are your nights? With regular, photosensitive, plants, cold starting isn't so much of an issue because they can make up size during vegetative growth before going into flower. 

Autos really need warm nights to maximise growth before they begin to flower. So, although regular plants can be sown outdoors once the frost risk has passed, autos do better once night time temperatures are well into double figures.

• Upvote 1

You don't have to worry over the equinox with autos, they aren't affected by length of day/night. Temperature is probably the environmental factor that has the greatest impact on autos.

I haven't used gro dirt, so I can't comment.

When it comes to temperature, how warm are your nights? With regular, photosensitive, plants, cold starting isn't so much of an issue because they can make up size during vegetative growth before going into flower.

Autos really need warm nights to maximise growth before they begin to flower. So, although regular plants can be sown outdoors once the frost risk has passed, autos do better once night time temperatures are well into double figures.

Well the nights are definitely getting into double digits now, just had a horrible experience ordering seeds as they lost my payment confirmation, but in doing that it’s pushed me to germ later this month! So plenty of warm weather

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app