Alternative to GH Maxi Powdered Series?

AFAIK it's no longer imported by any suppliers possibly because of problems associated with a single pack powder having insoluble calcium salts build up over time.

I still have a 1 year old open pack of maxibloom and it looks fine but there's a teaspoon of completely insoluble white precipitate every time I mixed it up...

Whatever the reason, you won't find many single package complete nutrients. Bunnings have manutec hydroponic two pack pretty cheaply that I'm about to start some seedlings on.

For flowering particularly with easily tip-burned nitrogen sensitive sativas, you will want to have much less calcium nitrate (soluble nitrogen) and more potassium - they have a low nitrogen liquid potassium supplement that might serve - that's what I'll be trying when it comes to flowering.

AFAIK it's no longer imported by any suppliers possibly because of problems associated with a single pack powder having insoluble calcium salts build up over time.

I still have a 1 year old open pack of maxibloom and it looks fine but there's a teaspoon of completely insoluble white precipitate every time I mixed it up...

Whatever the reason, you won't find many single package complete nutrients. Bunnings have manutec hydroponic two pack pretty cheaply that I'm about to start some seedlings on.

For flowering particularly with easily tip-burned nitrogen sensitive sativas, you will want to have much less calcium nitrate (soluble nitrogen) and more potassium - they have a low nitrogen liquid potassium supplement that might serve - that's what I'll be trying when it comes to flowering.

many thanks for this info. I know what you mean about the insoluble calcium. i have found that mixing with warm water greatly reduces that precipitate, till basically there isn't any. its just extra work, have to mix in a separate rez with warm water, fully dissolve, let cool, then xfer to main rez.

i have the manutec one and i have used it for veg before but its not ideal for flower. i could add liquid potash to it i suppose, if i wanted to use it for flower.

i did find another powder one called ozi magi or ozi tonic monsta bloom, but its even more dear than the oveepriced maxi bloom on ebay! Also i think that is two part.

So i guess i just have to pay more for maxi bloom on ebay if i want to continue using it, or switch to something else.

thanks again.

Seasol hydroponic one part liquid works very well and you don't have to go to a grow shop to get it.✌

Never tried it. Expensive?

Usually run much less nitrogen and more potassium during flowering - that's what maxibloom is for so I wonder about using a single product in veg and bloom.

Edited by doctor_nelson

GH are a ruthless megacorp who don't give a fuck about canna or the growers.

Don't buy there crap. There are much higher quality and cheaper nutes on the market made by Aussie companies. GH are popular in merica cause Yankees love sucking down on marketing.

GH also partner with Monsato

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

GH are a ruthless megacorp who don't give a fuck about canna or the growers.

Don't buy there crap. There are much higher quality and cheaper nutes on the market made by Aussie companies. GH are popular in merica cause Yankees love sucking down on marketing.

GH also partner with Monsato

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

yeah i don't like the monsanto bit but its just the food i have used for years. i will probably use products from Nimbin Nutrients next time.

• Upvote 1

I've only grown a few times, using green planet nutes, and looked for a slow release fertilizer.  All I could find was the Cyco Outback Series.

I started using it a couple of months ago and failed to read the instructions, so I only used the veg and not the seafood at the same time.  There was a lot of yellowing after a month, but when I transplanted them to bigger pots using the veg and seafood, they recovered to a healthy looking green within a week.  I'm sticking with this at least for veg, and it will save a lot of time and money instead of needing bottles nutes for vegging and mothers.  

I repotted a couple last night with the flower food mixed in too, and i'll flower these in a couple of weeks.  I bought some Organic Liquid Fertilizer too which I may not use this time.  I add concentrated mineral drops to dechlorinated tap water which brings the ppm from 50 to 200,  and I may add some backstrap molasses for extra food.