• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Alternative to GH Maxi Powdered Series?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

luckyjerry

luckyjerry

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Seems that nobody stocks GH products anymore ? Or they are frightfully expensive old stock?

The GH Maxi Bloom used to be great value at around 25 bucks a bag but its now out of stock everywhere or a total rip off.

Are there any good one part powdered foods for lazy novices like me?

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

doctor_nelson

doctor_nelson

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)

AFAIK it's no longer imported by any suppliers possibly because of problems associated with a single pack powder having insoluble calcium salts build up over time.

I still have a 1 year old open pack of maxibloom and it looks fine but there's a teaspoon of completely insoluble white precipitate every time I mixed it up...

Whatever the reason, you won't find many single package complete nutrients. Bunnings have manutec hydroponic two pack pretty cheaply that I'm about to start some seedlings on.

For flowering particularly with easily tip-burned nitrogen sensitive sativas, you will want to have much less calcium nitrate (soluble nitrogen) and more potassium - they have a low nitrogen liquid potassium supplement that might serve - that's what I'll be trying when it comes to flowering.

With apologies to Ben Franklin: Cannabis is proof that god exists and that she loves us.

luckyjerry

luckyjerry

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:

AFAIK it's no longer imported by any suppliers possibly because of problems associated with a single pack powder having insoluble calcium salts build up over time.

I still have a 1 year old open pack of maxibloom and it looks fine but there's a teaspoon of completely insoluble white precipitate every time I mixed it up...

Whatever the reason, you won't find many single package complete nutrients. Bunnings have manutec hydroponic two pack pretty cheaply that I'm about to start some seedlings on.

For flowering particularly with easily tip-burned nitrogen sensitive sativas, you will want to have much less calcium nitrate (soluble nitrogen) and more potassium - they have a low nitrogen liquid potassium supplement that might serve - that's what I'll be trying when it comes to flowering.

many thanks for this info. I know what you mean about the insoluble calcium. i have found that mixing with warm water greatly reduces that precipitate, till basically there isn't any. its just extra work, have to mix in a separate rez with warm water, fully dissolve, let cool, then xfer to main rez.

i have the manutec one and i have used it for veg before but its not ideal for flower. i could add liquid potash to it i suppose, if i wanted to use it for flower.

i did find another powder one called ozi magi or ozi tonic monsta bloom, but its even more dear than the oveepriced maxi bloom on ebay! Also i think that is two part.

So i guess i just have to pay more for maxi bloom on ebay if i want to continue using it, or switch to something else.

thanks again.

oldfark

oldfark

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 Posts:
Seasol hydroponic one part liquid works very well and you don't have to go to a grow shop to get it.✌

doctor_nelson

doctor_nelson

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)

Seasol hydroponic one part liquid works very well and you don't have to go to a grow shop to get it.✌

Never tried it. Expensive?

Usually run much less nitrogen and more potassium during flowering - that's what maxibloom is for so I wonder about using a single product in veg and bloom.

Edited by doctor_nelson, 01 August 2021 - 09:39 PM.

luckyjerry

luckyjerry

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:

yeah i ended up getting more maxi bloom, just had to pay more for it. it was still cheaper than the other powdered nutes i found, even though it was like more than double what it used to be.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.