femmed fresh seeds not popping

hey guys I'm having trouble popping some fem seeds I made 5 months ago.... I used colloidal silver to hermie the plant and got around 200 seeds... its been just over 5 months since I stored them after drying.... I decided to try pop some 2 weeks ago.... I tried around 30 seeds so far and not one will pop?...I'm using jiffy pellets and a soak... this has always worked for me... I did try soaking some in water for 12 hrs they all sunk.....IDK what the hell I did to those seeds but I tried popping seeds I got from seedsmen 6 months ago and they all popped in 3 days...they were all stored together in the fridge....it makes no sense!!... they are all beautiful brown tiger striped beans only 5 months old and stored well yet not one will pop!......5 months on they should be ready to go  IDKWTF.....I'm wondering if the breeder is altering the plant to make un viable seed like something Monsanto is doing...is this a thing?...got me stumped and disappointed.

Edited by highbreed

Did you order them from outside Aust? Heard rumors that depending on the x-ray machine and the power its set at could possibly mess with the seeds.

I'm more here to say; I don't think its from big seed breeders per say like Monsanto as they wouldn't let loose anything without a cuckhold on the genetics like they do corn.

IE; launching lawsuits against farmers that have saved corn from Roundup Ready Corn from the last season and bung it in ground

Also what are your temps in that water? Could be a little cold for them this time of year, I know I've planted some beans directly to soil and there has sometimes been stragglers that don't pop for 2 weeks

first time using colloidal silver?

i'm thinking its immature seeds

how long did you flower for once you saw seeds?

also in winter you most likely need a heat mat to germ seeds

nah 2nd time using colloidal the last lot I made popped no problem different breeder though....these were from a THC bomb from bomb seeds....

they went the full 9 weeks seeds started showing around 3 weeks in...they are rock solid... not soft or green ...they are all brown with stripes..they look perfect.

yeah I use a heat mat and dome with the jiffy pellets...not my first time like I said above the seeds I got from seedsman all popped in 2 days and they were stored along side em in fridge...IDK WTF is wrong with em!...got me stumped and is why I'm wondering if breeders can GMO their seeds like Monsanto to make un viable seed...they could be immature but they don't look it..

• Upvote 1

Did you order them from outside Aust? Heard rumors that depending on the x-ray machine and the power its set at could possibly mess with the seeds.

I'm more here to say; I don't think its from big seed breeders per say like Monsanto as they wouldn't let loose anything without a cuckhold on the genetics like they do corn.

IE; launching lawsuits against farmers that have saved corn from Roundup Ready Corn from the last season and bung it in ground

Also what are your temps in that water? Could be a little cold for them this time of year, I know I've planted some beans directly to soil and there has sometimes been stragglers that don't pop for 2 weeks

nah I made em myself with colloidal silver......they are in jiffy pellets with a heat mat and dome...lke I said above got back up seeds that popped in 2 days in the same enviroment...IDK maybe the colloidal was the issue maybe to much or to strong...pissing me off as I wanted to use these for my outdoor plot next season...still got 100 or so left hoping for 4 to pop lol..

thought I'd report back on my post...seems the seeds that wouldn't pop after 5 months are now popping after 8 months!... nothing changed in my method... so if your finding fresh seeds you made don't pop after 5 months in storage don't throw em away!....IDK what difference 3 months made to viability but it did....I went from not one in 30 popping to every seed popping....nature huh!!