• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Leaf Discolouration

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JG420JG

JG420JG

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hey Guys,

Wondering if you can lend me a hand. I’ve just mainlined my two plants at 4 weeks at the 3rd node. Now I understand some stress is going to occur but I’ve got the big fan leaves starting to change in some colour. Any help please!!!!!

Attached File  IMG_1343.JPG   1.96MB   8 downloads
Attached File  IMG_1342.JPG   1.96MB   8 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3190 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS

Hey JG,

In mainlining her you've just stressed the bejeezus out of her and that can be a contributor to the discolouration as she sucks the required nutes from those leaves.

The leaves are a bit like the plants reservoir, she stores nutes in the leaves then draws on them as needed. Normally, she'll do so from the larger lower leaves first and looking at those pics IMHO that's what she's doing.

Now, if that colour change was occurring to the new growth, right at the growing point, that WOULD be a concern. But considering her mainline stress, she's had a shock, keep an eye on her (as I'm sure you will) but she's doing OK.

Just for your reference here's a chart  that could assist in diagnosing deficiencies. 

Attached File  Canna Nutrient Deficencies.jpg   139.3K   7 downloads

Hope it helps

Merl1n

There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

JG420JG

JG420JG

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 Posts:
Thanks Merlin. Always very helpfull!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 8102 Posts:
Yep I agree with Merl to a certain extent

Why did you chop off all your growth , more leaves more photosynthesis

What you are trying to do well let's just say its a waste of time

Please tell me what you cut off you used for clones

The the part I don't agree with is the explanation of why

Without going into detail , the plants aren't using nutrients stored in those leaves , old wives tale , what they produce during the day is used of at night just to make it simple

Just because you have light for 18 hrs + doesn't mean the plant is in photosynthesis , it isn't

As soon as the leaves can't hold any more the process shuts down , so in fact they may only he active for 14hrs

Most nutrients will be in the stems , leaves are the factory, stems and roots the warehouse

The bigger the surface area collecting light the better

The reason your plant imo is showing brown rusts spots is high humidity low temperature , maybe insufficient air flow and or extraction

They don't look hungry to me

Bit of advice , leave it alone and let it grow

Sorry Merl , no offence

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

JG420JG

JG420JG

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 Posts:
Air flow and extraction isn’t a problem. Temp and humidity is dialled in too. I did mess up and cut all the lower growth too early. Should have left it until they recovered

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.