Dramas in paradise

Howdy everybody on to the end of my outdoor grow, as everybody from Nsw knows we got absolutely fucked with rain, come back to my garden today and my plants water leaves are droopy and sugar leaves look burnt, possibly from the weather change? I harvested two early last week but those buds where a lot bigger now these plants are not packed out at all and I want to avoid early harvest with these girls, I’m also now fighting a battle with bud rot cutting off every bit I can, does anyone have any tips they can please give me? I’ve worked so hard this year and I feel like it’s all for nothing so any help would be appreciated

Mate I feel your pain. I've put a lot of work into my first outdoor grow and the last 3 days I've had to remove most of my top colas and 50% of my total bud mass has been tossed. It's so disappointing the rain has come at the worst time possible. Almost at the finish line, too early to cut early, too late to avoid budrot. I will be a happy man if I get to keep 20% of my plant. All you can do is cut out the bad bits every day and cross your fingers for sun and hope that some bud will survive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Imo you need to take the branch not the affected bud

That could be why its still spreading , its still there you just can't see it yet

It will be deep inside near stem , by the time you see it its normally to late

By cutting it out and pulling apart affected buds you are spreading it

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Ouijah yeah man it’s Fucken hell on earth, and I think you’re right Micmac honestly I think I’m living on false hope and perhaps it’s time to cut the affected plants out before it spreads, this was my first grow and some of my plants made over 9ft. 2 in 3 were male and now this was absolute punishment, I might do a winter auto flower outdoor crop and keep it simple stupid but I learned a lot and still came out with a lot of extra knowledge, anyway is there a way to kill the mold before it attacks the rest of my crop? Or just cut out and hope for the best?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

she's a cruel mistress Mother Nature your not alone in the fight against the brown plague...its all about crisis management this year!!..a method you can use to prevent spread when extracting the rot is using neem oil in a spray bottle to spray the areas you want to remove before cutting/handling... this helps stop the rot from spreading when handling...don't ever leave that crud around your plants... if you have water in a jar handy put it in the water.....if your plant is close to ready sometimes its best to just cut your losses and harvest....looking ahead to next year after this march madness!.

I'm indoors in Sydney and without my recently added dehumidifier would be completely fucked too - so I feel your pain - it's one reason I don't grow outdoors these days.

We use https://ecoorganicgarden.com.au/products/pest-disease/eco-fungicide/ on our tomato plants - it's harmless (AFAIK) - but the directions recommend adding white oil to the mix so it sticks on during the rain - you do NOT want to be smoking or vaporising white oil.

Has anyone else used it ?

The first time I used it in veg I burned the crap out of my growing tips by letting it pool - it is very acidic so can burn tender parts - so be sure to make your solution 20% weaker than the manufacturer recommends and shake the excess off and only spray in the evenings. If you are desperate, might be worth a try - it will wash off so will need reapplication and needs to be made up fresh (so the manufacturer says) each time - just ditch the white oil - that would not taste good.

Oh - and it does not cure existing infection AFAIK - the acidity acts to inhibit fungal spores from germinating - once they're growing, it won't do much - you have to cut all the visible rot out too. You probably do not want to be imbibing any systemic antifungals with your herbs but that's the only option for treating affected material rather than burning it.

Edited by doctor_nelson

Hey growers thanks for your tips, my plants ended up burning to the shithouse and were dry as, didn’t see much budrot so harvested it, buds are Not filled out at all and very fluffy bud got a lot better then none at all, does anyone have any pointers for getting buds to fill out and be Denser

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

You could also try a mixture of one teaspoon of "Oil of Cloves" in a litre of water in a spray bottle and spray the moldy buds first before cutting them off. Oil of Cloves kills mold, about one of the only things actually kill the spores. OoC can be obtained at the chemist. Oh you have already pulled them. Keep my suggestion for your next grow.

You could also try a mixture of one teaspoon of "Oil of Cloves" in a litre of water in a spray bottle and spray the moldy buds first before cutting them off. Oil of Cloves kills mold, about one of the only things actually kill the spores. OoC can be obtained at the chemist. Oh you have already pulled them. Keep my suggestion for your next grow.

Still got afew plants in the ground bro, thanks for the advice that’s super useful I’ll look at buying some today, the plants I have left have been popping up with abit of mould still here and there

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app