Not another bloody germination thread....

Just to conclude this thread out of respect for those kind souls who responded,  it turns out the heat mat plus the ziplock n kitchen roll was too much for the beans and I may have basically cooked the 4 SLH beans I had bought specifically to grow now. Thanks to seedbank freebies I now have a Peyote Critical and a Shiloh Z on their second set of leaves.

How did I germinate them? dropped the beans in a hot glass/ warm kettle water( not hot  :thumbsup: ), covered with a small plant pot for darkness and left in the tent with the lights on overnight. Next morning, with root now showing, I put them in small pots filled with seed raising mix from Bunnings, then covered them with a clear tub, creating a hot box effect with extra humidity....voila!

Takeaway? 

I over thought it, due to 35 Euros worth of beans at stake. When I told the wife she asked me why am I trying all this fancy stuff when anything else we've grown we've kept it simple, with great results?

Thats when I had the epiphany...

• Upvote 1