Spotting and yellowing leaves - Clones and flowering plants

To get an accurate representation of Coco ph through the root zone, you would need to get samples from different areas of the pot, or a core sample, then use a slurry test to get the average PH. 

Would it? I woulda thought the terrible smell, and the pot of coco sitting in water to be a good indicator that your roots are rotting. 

this is from canna australias site re ec and ph of coco : 

The most reliable method for measuring the nutrient levels in coco is using the 1: 1.5 extraction method.
EC and pH of the root environment can be determined by using this method. The pH and EC of the drain water generally deviates from the actual root situation, as coco is able to retain and release elements.

1. Take a sample of CANNA COCO from the slabs or pots (photo 1). This can be done with a soil core sampler or a trowel. To get a representative sample the coco must be collected from as many places as possible.
  2. Collect the sample in a bowl and determine whether it contains the right amount of moisture. The coco has the right amount of moisture if moisture disappears between your fingers when you squeeze it (photo 2). Add demineralised water if necessary and mix the coco. 
  3. Take a 250 ml measuring jug and fill it with 150 ml of demineralised water. Add coco to the 250 ml mark (photo 3). Fully mix and allow the slurry to settle for at least two hours.
  4. Mix again and measure the pH.
  5. Filter this material and measure the EC.
Edited by Frank Reynolds

Yep i read that as well

Personally I'd like some indication that somethings wrong rather than wait until I smelt root rot or worse

I doubt any body here has the necessary equipment to take a core sample of root zone , Bunnings soil PH meter ain't going to give any accurate reading

So the correct meter wouldn't be something everyone will have either

On the other hand 99% of ppl growing hydro will have a PH pen and EC pen

So why not use the tools you have on hand to get as much info as you could?

No one's saying it's 100% spot on but it's better than nothing

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Flower tent is fixed, great success its at day 26 flower and all new growth lush and green af. frosty af already on the fruit punch.

Vege tent is fixed also, all 5 are thriving, theyre also day 26 vege since being a single stem solo cup clone. 

That silver bullet stuff works. Used it at recommended doses as a flush prior to my feeds. Have slightly upped PPM to 650 over the last 2 feeds by 50 each time.

Havnt bothered to check runoff as things are looking sweet, but i will next feed to see if any difference has been made to whats coming out vs going in and will add a picture or 2 for updates.  

• Upvote 1

Update pics attached. The really frosty yellowed top is of the previously very sick FP. Other bud is of a gorilla zkittles. Both Day 28 flower.

Vege tent day 28 also. 

Things are lookings much better since using silver bullet. Will keep using til end of this grow then ill leave it out for the next one. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions everyone. 

post-53426-0-60160300-1591915268_thumb.jpeg

post-53426-0-68108000-1591915277_thumb.jpeg

post-53426-0-94552200-1591915289_thumb.jpeg

post-53426-0-69571300-1591915314_thumb.jpeg

post-53426-0-99954600-1591915330_thumb.jpeg

post-53426-0-86244700-1591915348_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Those air pot's should be in the air about an inch so as the bottom holes get air to air prune the roots and breath !

Yes true! I have now put a drip tray underneath them and drilled about 20 1/4 inch holes into it, that tray sits above a cage and drips into another tray underneath. 

But i will take ur advice and even raise the airpot an inch above that 1st drip tray. Thanks mate :D

Will update with pics soon. Both tents doing very well now :)