Flood and Drain

Wal

Hi all,

After alot of looking around at diferent systems I'm just about to start my first hydro set up. I've done a couple of indoor soil grows before and admit that hydro rules. My grow room is 1200,1200 and 2300 high. I like the flood and drain system and was thinking a 900,900 tray the only thing that bothers me is that these trays are only 100 deep, is this deep enough to get good results from say 3 or 4 plants? Also would a air stone and pump be benaficle in this system as I belive it all ready has a good oxegen rate?

thanks Wal

hey,

The depth of the tray doesnt matter that much as the root system of every plant can grow out to fill the whole 900x900x100 tray.. it would be better with a airpump in the resevoir thou. Only problems i have encountered using f+d trays are sometimes they gargle as they drain, to stop that either extend the return pipe or add a few string from a mop to allow the water to run down to the resevoir.. But not so much string so it blocks the flow..