Planting seeds straight into perlite/verm mix autopots

Gee

My hydro shop dude recommended to wet the perlite/vermiculite mix and put the seeds straight in.

Can I get a confirmation that this is the best way to go? I'm worried about the seeds drying out.

Should I add nutes to this water or not until they get to a certain size of growth?

I currently only have the nutes that come with the autopots (combined NPK of 4.5:1:5.6) Are these ok for a first grow?

Also, he gave me a container of  Cyco Ryzo Fuel. Is this something I add to the water straight away or should I wait until the plants grow?

Hey mate,

There are many ways to go about starting seeds, straight into your medium is perfectly fine just need to make sure it stays wet. I have used the autopot powdered nutrients, for a full cycle in a flood and drain table worked very well. I would wait until your seed pops its head up then you can feed it the ryzofuel. 

Hey mate,

There are many ways to go about starting seeds, straight into your medium is perfectly fine just need to make sure it stays wet. I have used the autopot powdered nutrients, for a full cycle in a flood and drain table worked very well. I would wait until your seed pops its head up then you can feed it the ryzofuel. 

I started mine in jiffy cubes and after one week placed the in the perlite vermiculite, then top watered with 1/4 strength nutes then turned the reservoir on,

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks guys, I appreciate your input. Can't wait to get going!