How to document a new strain?

Hi all.
I have recently, and very proudly, produced viable seeds from a recent crossing. They have germinated and I am about to pop them in soil.
Can anyone advice on how to proceed with noting the growth, characteristics, etc to find the right phenotype? Is there an excel table or program that will help me document my adventure? I'm not one for note writing but this must be documented if I want to produce the strain I'm looking for. 

PS: How would I guess the thc/cbd ratio? is it based on the parents?

firstly you would need to identify the exact genetics you used to cross with and then figure out what type of traits from each parent you would like to see in the new strain 

ie height shape taste potentcy etc then carefully select plants grown from the seeds you made that show those desired characteristics . 

and thats just the start as you will need to run a few generations to find homozygous plants (that consistently produce similiar results)

• Upvote 1

firstly you would need to identify the exact genetics you used to cross with and then figure out what type of traits from each parent you would like to see in the new strain 

ie height shape taste potentcy etc then carefully select plants grown from the seeds you made that show those desired characteristics . 

and thats just the start as you will need to run a few generations to find homozygous plants (that consistently produce similiar results)

Thanks.

I know what I am looking to do and the genetics of both parent plants, and that it will take time.  I have plenty :-) 

At the moment I want a way to document them and was hoping there may be a template or program around that would make life easier. 

Make life simple

Grow them out ,no need to document anything

Pick the females you like

Choosing the male is really a lottery

So take clones of each plant , the only way you be sure it will the same every time

This will.make a clone only strain

Pollination is a lottery unless you get 2 identical females then you could use colloidal silver to get male flowers on 1 and fertilse the other

Those seeds then should be a copy of chosen plants and female

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Hey mate I have never had much to do with the science side of it until recently, my strain is unknown, but wondering if I it is possible to to gind strai out

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app