• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Rust spots on leaves

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
I have a handfull of leaves lower and top of plant starting to get some rust spots.

Looks like it could be a manganese deficiency. Anyone had this before? how did you fix it?

I'm aware of the slight nute burn on the tips. EC has been dropped and the plants look very healthy in general.

Cheers Attached File  IMG20200419215716.jpeg   131.3K   30 downloadsAttached File  IMG20200419215711.jpeg   93.28K   26 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

OldManDallas

OldManDallas

Almost 46 & 2

• Moderator Crew
  • 3072 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

Looks like your leafs are wet too, more air flow and don't water the foliage any more will help

" A Cold Silence Has A Tendency To Atrophy Any Sense Of Compassion "

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
yeah that photo was taken right after I folair sprayed and the lights went off.

been thinking I should stop cause I'm about 4 weeks into flower

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
Looks like the best way to correct it is feed at a lower pH.

My res has been around 6.2 and the upper threshold for manganese uptake is 6.0

Anybody else corrected this problem by dropping PH under 6?

OldManDallas

OldManDallas

Almost 46 & 2

• Moderator Crew
  • 3072 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

Yer I wouldn't foliage spray this long into flower as it can lead to bud rot also, maybe cut a few big fan leaves off to help air flow as well.

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
Cheers

buzzo

buzzo

Coco rocks the Auto World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1650 Posts:
  • Interests:Collecting Red Wine, Growing Pot, Driving Off Road & Camping, Cycling, Pinball Machines, Mechanical Clocks, Coffee roasting
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 250 watt HPS
  • Fav. Nutrients:Nutrifield

I can see why you would think its a Micro Problem. I think it's more likely low on Potassium.

The reason I think it's potassium is because the of the Tips. I don't think that's Nutrient Burn at all, judging by the overall color of the Leaf

What medium are you using?

Click here for my Autoflower growing guide in Coco :egyptdance:

Live fast die young and make a stinking potent corpse.
                         The Autoflower dream :crazytwist:
Auto's Rule OK. Just ask Shroomy! :declare:
Doing BIG things in Small Places gallery_5_33_11555.pnglogo.png

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
Thanks for the reply Buzzo

I'm using Coco. That yellowing is only on a few of the top leaves that are closest to the light. I just raised up the light because I thought it might be light burn. The tip browning is pretty much over all across both plants. I dropped my feed pH to 5.6 last night to try and correct the possible manganese lockout.

I'm watering at 1.6 EC and 6.2ph before last night adjustment. I'm using biodiesel Green Diamond base nutes with the biodiesel flower stim. Attached File  IMG20200419212840.jpeg   179.48K   19 downloads

should I add a little potash?

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
The tip burn showed up about a week before the rust spots

buzzer

buzzer

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts:
I've got the Rhino K which is the biodiesel potassium booster. Going by the feed chart it says to add it during the last 3 weeks of flower.

These are autos. At about week 7-8 from seed. Do you think I should be bringing in the K earlier than suggested by their feed chart?

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.