Light leaks

Hey crew

Genuine question

Just how important is keeping a 100% dark room? I’ve heard people talk about putting black tape over the power board circuit breaker light for example ?

I understand the principles behind it , just makes me wonder when growing outdoors there can be a bright moon and things like that - does it happen ever outdoors where they turn hermie or foxtail etc ?

I’ve got a bad habit of taking photos after lights off probably not a good idea

Thanks !

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

You bring up a good point about the moon, it is certainly reflecting some light from the sun. I am not too sure why it doesn't effect plants outdoors. If you want a plant to stay in veg outdoors when the hours are short you can use a small CFL light for an hour at night to keep them going, wonder why the moon doesnt work like that. Good subject to read up on!

If you are within 15 mins of lights on or off when taking photos i wouldn't worry too much.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

Hey crew

Genuine question

Just how important is keeping a 100% dark room? I’ve heard people talk about putting black tape over the power board circuit breaker light for example ?

I understand the principles behind it , just makes me wonder when growing outdoors there can be a bright moon and things like that - does it happen ever outdoors where they turn hermie or foxtail etc ?

I’ve got a bad habit of taking photos after lights off probably not a good idea

Thanks !

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app[/quote

You are a fox

Excactly my experience but the light was under one plant. It threw naners at week 6. I've flowered many clones of that plant since that run and have not had any more problems after covering the dot. Pretty far from proof but I'm going with it.

yeah I believe it’s a problem , around week 6 I got them as well . I remember someone on YouTube saying they had to cover all the mini LED on there cctv cameras in there grow warehouse because of the exact problem, I did not think I needed to until it happened to me

• Upvote 1