First grow, is it ready?

I know you folks get asked this ALL the time, so I do apologise in advance. Sorry.

This is my first grow and would like to know if you can tell me if this is close to harvest. 
Background:

Strain: Auto feminised Northern Lights.

Grow time: 11 weeks

Flower time: 7 weeks

Issues I have had:

Fungus gnats:
Didn't even know were a thing until they were in numbers, Knocked them back with sticky traps, cloth on top of soil with sand cover. 
Problem was they still seemed to use the holes on the bottom of the pot. SO used H2o2 and smashed them all. 
Some leaves started to get brown/yellow spots.

Nut Burn (no lockout):

Noob mistake this occurred at start of flowering but never really did more than the very tips yellow. Stupid me.

Over Watering:

Yeah well, stupid me.

Light Issue:
I have a mechanical light timer I bumped when installing the Carbon filter, so instead of 20/4 I had 20 hours light, 2 hrs dark, .5 hours light and 1.5 hours dark.
Man did that absolutely stop all growth on the buds. While searching this forum I found a post that someone had also had the same issue of no bud growth and that they tracked it down top the same issue, so went and had a look and yup. Again Stupid Me.

It's all a learning curve and by reading these forums I have learnt so much already, unfortunately for me I found this community halfway through the grow. 

I have some Auto GDP and Auto LSD for my next grow. I am using Auto feminised as I need fast grows between rental inspections. 

Anyway here is the crutch of my post, close to harvest?

post-66559-0-22614000-1584080670_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Sooty.

That photo in opening post was taken about 4 days ago. 

Here are some photos as requested. 

I think due to the Gnats the buds didn't get as dense. And the Veg stage seemed really short.
The leaves have stared to turn yellow with some of the bottom ones dropping off. 

post-66559-0-25488500-1584082890_thumb.jpg  post-66559-0-23007600-1584082937_thumb.jpg post-66559-0-30222900-1584082914_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groosome
  • Upvote 1

Nice buds!

They look pretty ripe to me. Maybe another week

Thanks Cooper. 

It smells amazing, I put a Co2 pad in the tent a couple weeks ago and to be honest I am kicking myself I didn't put it in from the start.

I believe they have made a big difference and helped the plant recover from the gnats, but again this is my first ever grow so have no experience to go on.

I am actually more concerned about drying and curing the buds than growing them lol as I believe that is an art in itself. 

For a first grow with autos, you have done pretty well groosome!

As mentioned, another week.. maybe two? You will be looking to harvest. The yellow leaves are the plant using up all of the last available nutrients, drawing what it can from itself before it's over.

Keep updating the pics every few days and you get some more opinions.

You will get your advice on curing the flowers also

Thanks Sooty.

I'll keep updating this post with photos. 
I'm really looking forward to the next grow :)  just have to update my light as there will be 2 plants instead of one. 

Cooler weather will help as it will be easier to control the temp and humidity. 

Yeah sounds good.

What medium are you using? I see you mentioned soil but also added nutes, ? Nutes might of been too much if the soil already had fertilizer in it

Yes using a potting mix with some Fur&Fin mixed in.

I Only used Seasol (seaweed) every second watering, however I was over watering, so you are right I should of just used plain R.O water.

I guess with most people new to this, I took the more will be better approach. lol

Before next grow I will be looking into switching to Hydro but that may be out of my league and I'll need to do a lot of research first.

I do need to upgrade my light so that will be first on the list. Currently running a Mars Hydro LED II 400 (175W) in a 0.8 X 0.8 x 1.8 tent.

Looking at grabbing  Viparspectra TC600 or an Aglex 600 . 

Nice looking buds, particularly given the light used.

I doubt the messed up lighting schedule affected them. Autos don’t care about light hours. The thread you saw must have been a photoperiod plant revegging.

Anyways, keep a close eye on them for mould now and bump up the ventilation and air flow if humidity is high where you are.

• Upvote 1

Nice looking buds, particularly given the light used.

Thanks Billyg0at, I got what I thought would be ok for the tent size but underestimated what the plant would require. 

Upgrade coming before next grow.

I doubt the messed up lighting schedule affected them. Autos don’t care about light hours. The thread you saw must have been a photoperiod plant revegging.

I had read that they didn't care too much about lighting schedule, but it was all I could find that stopped bud growth, I did read somewhere that Autos can stop growing the buds and than grow fast multiple times during the grow. Probably the case here but it had me pretty worried. 

Anyways, keep a close eye on them for mould now and bump up the ventilation and air flow if humidity is high where you are.

Thanks for the tip, after I read your comment I have increased air flow, humidity sitting at 45% I try not to let it get over 50% 

Cheers