Mouldy Mull, Can I still cook it?

lol Hey all you gurus, what's the go with mouldy mull? Is it still usable for butter? I went ahead and used a shitload of mouldy trim to make some butter with tonight, I'll let you know how it goes :D Pure says yay, and I ditto it. What do you guys think? Coz I noticed there wasn't much around on the subject.

hey,

havent got much to add except that you will have to watch that who ever consumes the mouldy mull doesnt have a penicilin (?) reaction cause years ago we smoked some mouldy leaf and a chick started to spasm because she had a penicilin reactiion. It scared the hell out of all of us as she had convulsion and spasms not really the thing ya wanna see .......

i'm assuming it would be ok.

i didn't read through the other posts, but i thought i'd mention that smoking mouldy pot is very bad for you, just in case the thought had crossed anyones mind.

but yeh, eating it should be ok i guess.

EDIT- just read the post above mine (duh, i'm so lazy) and yeh, smoking mouldy pot should be avoided, even if you don't have a penacilin allergy.

Edited by xcidium

Mouldy pot could seriously harm you if smoked, and I must say I'd be hesitant as heck to use it for even oil or hash making purposes, let alone butter. Course, you could say that any poisons or active constituents in the fungus would be removed and/or destroyed during the processes of making the oil/hash butter, but do we really, really know that?

There are many instances of aspergillius infection arising from consumption or even just exposure to fungal spores growing on weed or other plant material. This makes you very sick, and I wouldn't recommend it. Those of us unfortunate enough to have contracted aids and use MJ to releive various symptoms, have to always watch for this, and are usually advised to microwave or heat treat their pot before smoking it unless they are absolutely sure it's been grown without any potential infection of mould.

It's hard to look at the oil that a mouldy bud might produce and think that it's contaminated, but that's the thing, we just don't know really. The butane in honey oil and the water in hash making may well be drawing out other molecules/substances and spores, which are microscopic in nature, through into the final product. Whether it would actually harm you is debateable, but personally? I wouldn't risk it.

So yeah, if you can, I'd say hold off on using the product from mouldy weed guys, no sense in getting sick over buds. Or even trim in this case.:D

Hope that helps chev, I would really, really hate to see you and tom harmed by something we love so much.... lol :D

On the penicillin note.. I'm severely allergic to it - I have a medical bracelet for it because last time I was in hospital they gave it to me (stupid trainee nurse didn't read my notes) for a severe respiratory infection (which was secondary to what I was admitted for) and I went into anaphalactic[sp?] shock. If I wasn't in the hospital already then I could have quite probably died, since I'd never reacted to it that badly before - the two prior times I'd had it just gave me a huge itchy rash everywhere and made me vomit for a couple of days. To the point at hand though, how probable is it that I'd react to mouldy weed in the same way? I'm just considering the possibility now that one day I could smoke mouldy weed and die.. trippy shit. :D