$30 led panels?

I've never used them, cause I've take others advice who are much more knowledgeable then me, and I've seen countless amounts of diary's that don't go anywhere.

It's a known fact they use cheap / inferior parts, and regardless of what others say LED doesn't have the same light penetration as a HPS

Unless you pay top $ for some really good high quality LED/quantum boards from America then you might get somewhere, but all this ebay china shit is well, shit.

Thanks all, some good points.

I would love to actually see some pics of someone who has used an array of these cheapies, then kept everything the same except swap lights to hps or qb (+maybe an extra fan as needed) to compare.

5, 10, 20, 50% difference in yield? Could i get away with 4 units ($120 and no insane hps power bills, jet engine sounding hvac, new globes, etc)? Hell if it's in the region of 20% less yield then that would be worth it to me.

Given QBs are a lot cheaper than previously, it makes gambling on these burples in any big way is a risk. Obviously there are heaps of other threads discussing hps vs qb.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The reality is, good LED technology costs at the moment. I've got a spiderfarmer 4000 that draws 450w from the wall, it's bright and has a nice spectrum, but it wasn't exactly cheap and is still considered a knock off brand. 

hey frank,

care to weigh in here with your opinion? https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/82268-led-lights-for-small-area-old-dog-new-tricks/

Thanks all, some good points.

I would love to actually see some pics of someone who has used an array of these cheapies, then kept everything the same except swap lights to hps or qb (+maybe an extra fan as needed) to compare.

5, 10, 20, 50% difference in yield? Could i get away with 4 units ($120 and no insane hps power bills, jet engine sounding hvac, new globes, etc)? Hell if it's in the region of 20% less yield then that would be worth it to me.

Given QBs are a lot cheaper than previously, it makes gambling on these burples in any big way is a risk. Obviously there are heaps of other threads discussing hps vs qb.

just remember if your looking for a grow light you need PAR levels at the very least not Watts, PAR maps/grid even better for a comparison, check out the link i posted above for more info  

hey frank,

care to weigh in here with your opinion? https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/82268-led-lights-for-small-area-old-dog-new-tricks/

just remember if your looking for a grow light you need PAR levels at the very least not Watts, PAR maps/grid even better for a comparison, check out the link i posted above for more info

Hey dan, for the smaller unit (75 led, $25) the claimed PAR at 18" is 980 micro moles. I would assume then the larger 145 led unit would be roughly 1500 to 2000? Would you or anyone else know how this value compares with other alternatives?

you will be wasting your money if you buy that blurple shit

grab a china board on alibaba with LM301B or LM301H LEDs and some LH351H far reds

you want 480w for your 4x4

$500-$600 inc delivery depending on what you want (strip design, qb design etc)

all good china sellers (R2T, meijiu, kingbrite) provide Spectrogram, PPFD data at the standard heights and PPFD value charts

Edited by thedrunk
  • Upvote 1

Hey dan, for the smaller unit (75 led, $25) the claimed PAR at 18" is 980 micro moles. I would assume then the larger 145 led unit would be roughly 1500 to 2000? Would you or anyone else know how this value compares with other alternatives?

seems to me like they're pulling figures out their ass, the SF4000 that frank has is 1200 micro moles.( umol/s ) and retails for $850ish, no chance your getting near 1000 par for $25.

just to confirm was that in umol/s ?

well as i linked to the other thread that states 1000-1300 par ppfd is the same as a 1000w hid hps,

Edited by Dan J