LED lights for small area (old dog new tricks?)

Hi, long time inactive member, its been a while since ive dusted off the old green thumb and things seem to have come leaps and bounds in the LED lighting world since I last cranked up a HPS light.

These days I'm more interested in growing for fun rather than yield since I'm not much of a smoker these days.

I have a cabinet which I have a large aquarium on top and will have a small coco grow underneath with some cannabis and some super hot chilli crosses of my own. Sort of a hybrid aquaponics coco drain to waste system, supplemented with additional nutrients It's primarily for display and vegging my plants for flowering outside but I'd like to keep a few in there for the full cycle

I like the look and price of the spider farmer lights particularly the SF600 as I will be able to fit 4 lights the whole way along the length of the cabinet, also have heard good things about the new mars hydro lights.

I need something in the low to medium price range either 4 small panels or 1 or 2 long bars, dimension of grow space 1850x450

Ps. there will be doors on the front made of metal security mesh to block some of the light so it's not too bright but you can still see the plants

Cheers for any advice.

post-13080-0-68304500-1581313870_thumb.jpg

post-13080-0-90376900-1581315354_thumb.jpg

I use Samsung LED Lights 192..great for small areas..

Hi, long time inactive member, its been a while since ive dusted off the old green thumb and things seem to have come leaps and bounds in the LED lighting world since I last cranked up a HPS light.

These days I'm more interested in growing for fun rather than yield since I'm not much of a smoker these days.

I have a cabinet which I have a large aquarium on top and will have a small coco grow underneath with some cannabis and some super hot chilli crosses of my own. Sort of a hybrid aquaponics coco drain to waste system, supplemented with additional nutrients It's primarily for display and vegging my plants for flowering outside but I'd like to keep a few in there for the full cycle

I like the look and price of the spider farmer lights particularly the SF600 as I will be able to fit 4 lights the whole way along the length of the cabinet, also have heard good things about the new mars hydro lights.

I need something in the low to medium price range either 4 small panels or 1 or 2 long bars, dimension of grow space 1850x450

Ps. there will be doors on the front made of metal security mesh to block some of the light so it's not too bright but you can still see the plants

Cheers for any advice.

[emoji111]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Depending on where your aquarium settles at for pH wise full flowering canna will be difficult as you also will have almost only N for food!

You will also need a decent bio filter and quite a few fish to support a decent bio load.

I have successfully grown a 336g dry GSC using DWC aquaponics and supplement feed with GoGo juice

You could also get away with 2x Mars SP150 for that space

Good luck!

Edited by puggle6

Cheers for any advice.

i'm in the market and am doing some research, so going off par levels /par maps spider farms out does mars hydro by abit, at least 30% throughout the range.

i'm thinking of the SF 600 for mothers and clones in a 2 foot closet, led directly above mother/1-2 week clones while offset from fresh clones waiting to root, it's full spectrum light, draws only 87w and radiates same par levels as a 400w hid MH ( going off specs only) 

the SF4000 does look great for flowering and par levels have matched 1000w hid HPS or beaten, while only 450w at the wall socket.

the drivers have a wattage adjuster to dim or overclock to 30-40% more watts, not sure if it has a temp or wattage activated safety shut off feature, yet would surely have to add heatsink + fans on back of led and driver if overclocking

not sure if ebay store is legit while the prices do seem to match what a distributor could do, can anyone confirm or knows of an aussie distributor ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlZDba__qcg

https://www.spider-farmer.com/collections/frontpage/products/spider-farmer-sf-600-led-grow-light

https://www.spider-farmer.com/collections/frontpage/products/sf-4000-led-grow-light

https://growace.com/blog/why-is-par-rating-a-big-deal-for-indoor-grow-light-systems/

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/meizhiled/Spider-farmer-Series/_i.html?_storecat=20784818010

Edited by Dan J