New study into flushing

1...........place plant in toilet

2...........press half flush for medium effect,........press full for loss of soil,roots........whole shebang

3...........throw whatevers left in 2 dryer for 2hrs

4...........easy peasy, no arguments

almost forgot.......make sure water in dunny is ph'd 2 6.5

• Upvote 2

So how's this years outdoor going Tunkers, haven't noticed a update lately?

Also what did you do differentially this indoors crop to get this result if anything ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You haven't noticed any updates of mine coz you can't watch the videos anyway? Took one today actually so I guess you'll have to pretend to know what it's like when I post it.

Also this indoor was completely different to last, so not sure what you want me to mention was different?? I didn't add anything new to the reservoir if that's what you are asking lol I don't feel the need to add every bottle of nutrient in the hydro shop just as much as I don't feel the need to feed until final day....

• Upvote 1

Could you clarify your point you were trying to make before pedro I didn't catch it. Lets try keep this on topic 

Yes I can Frank

Cannabis grows best when it has the optimum nutrients available at all times,

which is impossible if you don't get rid of the waste that is produced using hydro nutes 

you EC/PPM will not show the correct nutrients available, so how can you add all the nutrients plant needs to get the desired result  

As for flushing at the end, it all depends on your growing medium, and how much ferty you try to shove in it since the last res change or flush 

RTW doesn't need much, Areo and DWC are the same, all ya salts are in the water, easy to tip it out and refill with fresh water 

In my unprofessional opinion anyway 

Thanks pedro, you do realise that the study was all drain to waste, testing drain to waste setups? I'm not sure why we are talking about reciurculating res's. I agree you can get buildup of of micro nutrients etc if you never change res.

Interesting, so people argue that the preferential CEC of coco needs a lot of flushing, this study shows that flushing had zero effect.. again to reiterate not sure everyone has looked at the study, they grew the plants in coco drain to waste.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

Well I did read it, just now, wish I didn't bother, the definition of DTW is .................. lol 

So we are flushing them to try and get the nutes out of the buds?, good luck with that, i'm flushing them to get rid of excess salts in the res/medium

not sure what a commercial grow, where they are trying to save $$$ on water and ferty, has to do with growing cannabis properly anyway 

flush, don't flush, don't care is my opinion, i'll continue to grow the same way I always have

cannabis should be smoked on its own with no additives for the best result

Interesting, so people argue that the preferential CEC of coco needs a lot of flushing, this study shows that flushing had zero effect.. again to reiterate not sure everyone has looked at the study, they grew the plants in coco drain to waste.

https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10214/12125/Stemeroff_Jonathan_201712_Msc_with_erratum.pdf?sequence=8&isAllowed=y

i only saw mention of soil in the above..............or is that considered the same as coco in a dtw system?

‘I did only skim tho.

So pedro, in a drain to waste setup do you not believe the common 10-30% run off is not enough to get rid of excess salts within the media? If so why?

I know you would never think a silly thing like that, and I wouldn't assume you did as to sully your great name, but the reality is a lot of the cannabis community all over the world do flush in the last weeks in the hope of reducing the nutrient build up in the buds. 

The reality is these commercial growers in the US want to grow the best bud, the cheapest. Just because you might not personally care about how much water you use etc, doesn't mean the information is wrong. 

If you didn't care why join this thread, I don't think you have added anything. 

I would ask your definition of an additive but that will block up this thread some more

https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10214/12125/Stemeroff_Jonathan_201712_Msc_with_erratum.pdf?sequence=8&isAllowed=y

i only saw mention of soil in the above..............or is that considered the same as coco in a dtw system?

‘I did only skim tho.

I made a mistake in that regard, they were using pro mix, with 30% coir base. I apologise.