Need help to diagnose and fix this problem

Hey guys,

Plant is almost 7 weeks old and looked great yesterday. Today this has happened to the leaves. What's the issue? At first glance I thought nitrogen def. but the brown mould looking spots make me think it's fungal? They've been having decent wet/dry cycles, fed with recommended dose of Powerfeed a few days ago and have just had a big drench from the rain. It's happened before to previous plants and has killed them so I want to sort it asap because it's moving up the plant fast.

TIA48dd2811ab90c0944aea53b5ed104b10.jpgaf9a0015ca88201715d2e09cfc7b542f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Yeah......nah.

looks good to me buddy. May need to upsize pots before stretch. Up to you.

my fans die off up the main stalk as well.

Normal stuff for the most part.

Good luck.

Picked her up after I posted yesterday that they'd had a good drench and her pot was really light. The other smaller one wasn't. Came out of the pot easy and I saw roots wrapped right around the bottom. Ended up transplanting and watered her in with some seaweed. She looks a lot better this morning.

• Upvote 1

There hungry. Lacking nitrogen more specifically. A plant can be completely root bound yet fully green if its receiving frequent feeds high in N. I'd personally use Thrive soluble purpose fertilizer found at bunnings. One or two feeds within 12 hours should put colour back into those leaves. Repot if you can too [emoji106]

It's not good to let fans die off as they provide energy for the plant [emoji1690][emoji263][emoji263][emoji274]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Picked her up after I posted yesterday that they'd had a good drench and her pot was really light. The other smaller one wasn't. Came out of the pot easy and I saw roots wrapped right around the bottom. Ended up transplanting and watered her in with some seaweed. She looks a lot better this morning.

Good to hear. What size pot is she in now?

There hungry. Lacking nitrogen more specifically. A plant can be completely root bound yet fully green if its receiving frequent feeds high in N. I'd personally use Thrive soluble purpose fertilizer found at bunnings. One or two feeds within 12 hours should put colour back into those leaves. Repot if you can too [emoji106]

It's not good to let fans die off as they provide energy for the plant [emoji1690][emoji263][emoji263][emoji274]

Good to hear. What size pot is she in now?

32L. Drilled some extra drainage holes in the bottom, too. Seems like the transplant was largely stress-free as she's looking like she's grown a little.

Right is what they were both in, left is after transplant. Gonna transplant the smaller one next week, ran out of peat for my mix, so I gotta go pick some up and can't get there for a couple days.daedb58200c00a8cd2ca7f587d9a6605.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 days since transplant and she's doing great. Averaging 2cm/day of vertical growth. Still no signs of flowering. Watered this morning with a seaweed/coconut water mix to keep the roots as unstressed as possible during the heatwave that started yesterday. Other plant repotted 2 days ago, bit behind this one, as she's always been, but still have hope for her.

8 weeks old tomorrow, topped once.6ca80e52d3e08008e61eb56b7d6ac337.jpg0f594225ef7786dca2cbdc8739e2a391.jpg

Edited by sam2810
  • Upvote 1

Nice one sam. Looks happy.

Good work.

A towel wrapped around the pot can perk them up if the sun is heating the pot too much in summer.

Might have to get a grow journal going. Plants too healthy for this section. lol.

U know what? I never even thought of wrapping a towel around it, or anything for that matter. Just have them shaded for the hottest part of the day. Have to miss out on some sun, but better than them going to sh*t. Might give it a go tomorrow. Left em in 44° heat today and they actually seemed to love it. Gave em a mist when the sun was almost down, but not much cooler tonight and another 43° forecast for tomorrow so I might have to do something.

I saw some1 on here get a piece of board and cut a circle in the middle to act like a brim shade over the pot. It was actually pretty fkn ingenious. Full sun above, cooler below.

Got a fair bit of rain and cooler temps as of Tues apparently. Reckon they're gonna have a huge growth spurt after these sunny days and then a good drink of rain. Might have to look at some more training. Can't let em get too tall, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

Fkn hell. Was trying to bend the two main branches down a little to help expose the growth in the middle, barely started pulling the branches down and it split down the middle of the 'Y' join of the main stem [emoji2959] only had regular old clear gift wrapping tape to put her back together. Hoping that will be okay. They're both in the shade today, just too hot for them and noticed some leaf drooping after they caught 6 hours of morning sun. Hoping the split heals and doesn't affect her too drastically.