• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Fungus gnat predator mites !

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14578 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

I don't reckon they would have enough lol

Its all good, I've learnt to live with them, occasionally I kill a couple of thousand to keep the rest in line  

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2976 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

so when you reckon good timing is to use them frank 

this from bug for bugs website about hypoaspis miles 

Before release

It is always good to establish beneficial insects and mites early before pest problems develop.  Start your release program at (or preferably before) the first

hint of fungus gnats.  Close monitoring is advised to determine frequency and numbers for follow up releases if required.

Not too sure itchy, I don't actually have much experience with predatory insects. I guess it will depend on whether you are inside/closed enviorment (greenhouse) or outdoors as well. But I guess you would use them at first sign of pests indoors, outdoors I would be worried about keeping them around if used as a preventative.

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4477 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

just to be clear , you don't buy these bugs & leave them to sit until you see a problem 

you buy & use them asap 

the bugs for bug guys recommendations above are a good starting point but they are " i think " mainly talking bout some sort of soil based media 

there rec's might be different in a different media maybe or each grower might have to calculate there own situation , i also think you need to think

about using these predator bugs in a slightly different way meaning you might have to use more than one application / multiple orders  

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • 2976 Posts:

What I meant by keeping them around, is literally keeping them from flying off to another area away from your plants if there isn't a food source. Not keeping them in there box until needed.

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4477 Posts:

ahh right 

but in this case hypoaspis miles are soil dwellers they don't fly 

they eat the gnat babies ( & others ) to break the cycle , however if there were no 

food there could be mass evacuation of the marching kind i guess 

hence the possible need for reapplication 

Edited by itchybromusic, 17 January 2020 - 10:34 AM.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • 2976 Posts:

Ahh gotcha, didn't realise they wern't flying my bad. Still seems pretty expensive especially if you are needing to re apply, seems more geared towards a commercial closed greenhouse enviorment too.

I'm personally still a firm believer of a proper watering regime is the best preventative for gnats in organic potting media. Up there with it is trichoderma

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4477 Posts:

how growers manage grow space is def important 

Edited by itchybromusic, 17 January 2020 - 10:57 AM.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Prescriptionist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

Anyone got experience using H2O2 (50%) to kill Gnat eggs and Larvae?

Generally this product is used for oxygenating water supply or as a sterilizing cleaner.

The question, how many ml per 10 liters would be suggested to kill gnats but not murder your plants?

Cyclone -

It aint sold, it's prescribed

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.