Evaporative Cooler?

I got an artic air copy, and to be honest, while it is cooler from the fan, it is way to small and under powered to do bigger all. I was really hoping it would bring up the rh a bit, but it doesn't. Hopefully it is just helping keep roots cool. Only cost 22 bucks delivered, so cant expect much.

A bigger unit might work better.

Yeah I was looking at one around $100. Big capacity so it should run for a while. I’m running fresh air intake from outside that would feed straight into the back of the unit with a decent passage of air through the room.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Yeah I've used 1, still got it

Good on hot days in veg,brings the rh up

Be careful they can cause issues, rust spot,if the rh is too high for the temperature

Constant refilling,5 or 10 litres of water on a hot day running fans on high don't last long!

Can't use it when it rains no matter how hot

Space issues,I had a 2x2x2 tent,so wasn't a problem, haven't used it in smaller 1 yet so could be a issue as well

Get your plants nice and healthy and they will deal with the heat

I've had temps over 40c and didn't have issues

More importantly is your extraction, I'd be tending to spend my money in that direction first,a good speed controlled fan ,not a cheap 1

You want to grow good weed with decent yields don't scrimp on the essential items,then add a cooler etc

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Yeah I've used 1, still got it

Good on hot days in veg,brings the rh up

Be careful they can cause issues, rust spot,if the rh is too high for the temperature

Constant refilling,5 or 10 litres of water on a hot day running fans on high don't last long!

Can't use it when it rains no matter how hot

Space issues,I had a 2x2x2 tent,so wasn't a problem, haven't used it in smaller 1 yet so could be a issue as well

Get your plants nice and healthy and they will deal with the heat

I've had temps over 40c and didn't have issues

More importantly is your extraction, I'd be tending to spend my money in that direction first,a good speed controlled fan ,not a cheap 1

You want to grow good weed with decent yields don't scrimp on the essential items,then add a cooler etc

Good point about the pest issues micmac, I've got a room 3'x3'x6' room with additional space to fit a small unit. The one I'm looking at is 12l & I'd connect it to my Inkbird temp controller. 

Allready have a Blauberg temp controlled 6" fan that's brilliant & so quiet.

There's an interesting product here but lots more $ - check the video out too :)

I use one in my bedroom for those hot days, really doesn't do all that much and does raise the humidity a whole heap. Although I got a pretty small one.

Have to agree with above personally getting as much of that spent hot air out of the tent as quickly as possible with extraction would be best

Edited by Frank Reynolds
  • Upvote 1