• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics

Photo

Evaporative Cooler?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Quokk@

Quokk@

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic
  • Fav. Nutrients:Mother Nature
Hi Guys, I’m hoping someone has had experience with using an evaporative cooler to cool down your tent or room on hot days of Summer? Small units are going at a reasonable price at Bunnings.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.  :crazytwist: 

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Defsnotacop

Defsnotacop

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
I got an artic air copy, and to be honest, while it is cooler from the fan, it is way to small and under powered to do bigger all. I was really hoping it would bring up the rh a bit, but it doesn't. Hopefully it is just helping keep roots cool. Only cost 22 bucks delivered, so cant expect much.

A bigger unit might work better.

Quokk@

Quokk@

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 Posts:
Yeah I was looking at one around $100. Big capacity so it should run for a while. I’m running fresh air intake from outside that would feed straight into the back of the unit with a decent passage of air through the room.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Defsnotacop

Defsnotacop

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
Yeah, probably would. Space is an issue in my tent so the small unit seemed ok. Probably takes a half litre of water at a time, and lasts maybe 4 or
5 hours. I need to run it overnight properly to see how it goes.

Let me know what you get and how it goes.

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6717 Posts:
Yeah I've used 1, still got it
Good on hot days in veg,brings the rh up
Be careful they can cause issues, rust spot,if the rh is too high for the temperature
Constant refilling,5 or 10 litres of water on a hot day running fans on high don't last long!
Can't use it when it rains no matter how hot
Space issues,I had a 2x2x2 tent,so wasn't a problem, haven't used it in smaller 1 yet so could be a issue as well
Get your plants nice and healthy and they will deal with the heat
I've had temps over 40c and didn't have issues
More importantly is your extraction, I'd be tending to spend my money in that direction first,a good speed controlled fan ,not a cheap 1
You want to grow good weed with decent yields don't scrimp on the essential items,then add a cooler etc

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Quokk@

Quokk@

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 Posts:

Yeah I've used 1, still got it
Good on hot days in veg,brings the rh up
Be careful they can cause issues, rust spot,if the rh is too high for the temperature
Constant refilling,5 or 10 litres of water on a hot day running fans on high don't last long!
Can't use it when it rains no matter how hot
Space issues,I had a 2x2x2 tent,so wasn't a problem, haven't used it in smaller 1 yet so could be a issue as well
Get your plants nice and healthy and they will deal with the heat
I've had temps over 40c and didn't have issues
More importantly is your extraction, I'd be tending to spend my money in that direction first,a good speed controlled fan ,not a cheap 1
You want to grow good weed with decent yields don't scrimp on the essential items,then add a cooler etc

Good point about the pest issues micmac, I've got a room 3'x3'x6' room with additional space to fit a small unit. The one I'm looking at is 12l & I'd connect it to my Inkbird temp controller. 

Allready have a Blauberg temp controlled 6" fan that's brilliant & so quiet.

There's an interesting product here but lots more $ - check the video out too :)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2274 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

I use one in my bedroom for those hot days, really doesn't do all that much and does raise the humidity a whole heap. Although I got a pretty small one.

Have to agree with above personally getting as much of that spent hot air out of the tent as quickly as possible with extraction would be best

Edited by Frank Reynolds, 13 December 2019 - 08:57 AM.

Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
Mars Hydro Store - LED Lighting and Grow Tents - Hydroponics
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.