Uplifted brown leaf tips.

My plant earlier this year had brown tips on all the leaves from shade leaves to the tiny ones on the heads? it was otherwise a healthy (No Bugs, etc...) outdoor Sativa that produced just on 2 pounds of head. I mixed some compost with the alkaline coastal soil and fed it with All Purpose Compound fertilizer then finished it off with KoolBloom for the flowering. The Ph was 8.5 would that have caused the brown tips? I dont want to change anything if I dont have to. Any ideas/suggestions is appreciated.

My plant earlier this year had brown tips on all the leaves from shade leaves to the tiny ones on the heads? it was otherwise a healthy (No Bugs, etc...) outdoor Sativa that produced just on 2 pounds of head. I mixed some compost with the alkaline coastal soil and fed it with All Purpose Compound fertilizer then finished it off with KoolBloom for the flowering. The Ph was 8.5 would that have caused the brown tips? I dont want to change anything if I dont have to. Any ideas/suggestions is appreciated.

Was that soil PH or water PH?

pH Requirements

When planning a new garden, it's important to know if your soil is suited to the types of plants you will grow. The soil's pH is rated on a scale of 3.5 to 9.0, and most plants do best in soil that tests within the neutral range of 6.0 to 7.0. Growth may still occur if the soil tests higher or lower than this, but plants may exhibit the effects of an improper balance through poor development and fruiting.

Effects of pH Imbalances

The letters "pH" stand for potential hydrogen, the element that spurs the formation of acids in the soil. Ratings far below 7 indicate very acidic soil, while much higher readings reflect high alkalinity, sometimes called sweetness. Amendments such as lime are usually not necessary in neutral soils that are suited to most commonly grown plants. Major effects of extremes in pH levels include gaps in nutrient availability and the presence of high concentrations of minerals that are harmful to plants. In very alkaline soil, certain micronutrients such as zinc and copper become chemically unavailable to plants. In very acidic soil, macronutrients such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous are not absorbed while others reach toxic levels, states the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension.

• Upvote 1

Hi Redrooster, bit hard to say without pics but I will take a guess at nute burn, ie your ferts were just a tad too strong. I also understand that sativa doms don't use as much ferts as indica doms. Also, I don't think that ph is usually a biggy for outdoor grows. All the best

Yep! That's what I thought it might be!  I was just a bit confused when I couldn't flush the nutrients away after about twenty goes at it but being a slow-release compound fertilizer it's not going to happen? I spilt the whole container at the base of the plant and thought I had picked up most of it? Ive been growing most years since 1974. Thanks for the replies fellas, its appreciated.

• Upvote 1