NICE ONE GARRY

beautiful mate  

on the right , is that a white zucchini or is that plant just happy to see you gaz lol

you can def use coffee grounds on your beds as well as in the compost bin as a green / nitrogen source 

can also use them in the worm farm , just don't go over board with them on the bed

if you add it to a carbon source / brown for a good carbon to nitrogen ratio you would add

1 part coffee grounds ( nitrogen ) to 3 parts brown ( carbon ) that might give you an idea of how much to use

def nothing wrong with using coffee grounds as far as i know  

lol yeah just happy to see me I reckon I had an assortment of seeds I popped for a couple of other beds I wanted to prep but I didn’t get round to it and just planted the best seedlings in with the marigolds.

Think it was cucumbers , sun flowers, a few varieties of horse radishes.

Might still do a winter vegi crop, broccoli, cauliflower and broad-beans, time permitting.

that's right you said lebo cucumbers , your bed loves you long time lol

the more you grow , along with the more variety of plants you grow in a bed 

the better the bed will get each season

cover crops in between food or canna crops are good cos some of the root systems

in a cover crop mix get down deep in the soil & drag up plenty of minerals that other

plants don't get deep enough to get 

so when you chop that cover crop & use it as a mulch , those minerals are released to 

growing plants in the bed as the mulch layer is consumed 

that's right you said lebo cucumbers , your bed loves you long time lol

the more you grow , along with the more variety of plants you grow in a bed

the better the bed will get each season

cover crops in between food or canna crops are good cos some of the root systems

in a cover crop mix get down deep in the soil & drag up plenty of minerals that other

plants don't get deep enough to get

so when you chop that cover crop & use it as a mulch , those minerals are released to

growing plants in the bed as the mulch layer is consumed

I remember when I first joined I was straight into gq‘s thread I remember when she was preparing the holes it looked like she had used a 200mm dia post hole digger about .5m down and had coral trout or crayfish or crab thrown down the hole.

So I followed her lead and used a post hole digger and drilled a series of holes in the beds to break up the soil and get my compost down there.

I then used my old soil from greenhouse and throw that on, then the rest of my compost mixed with manure.

I’ll take your advice and throw everything back in to rejuvenate the soil again.