first time grower and i need some help

Hash_MaN

i am a first time grower and i was wondering what kind of lights i need to buy and what the whole setup of growing should be like...ive read many articles and what not on growing but i cant understand any of them...is it possible to grow about 5 plants in my bedroom? how many lights should i use for 5 plants and where could i find the stands to hold the lights? how often should i water my plant? could anyone please help me it would be greatly appreciated...oh one more thing could i use seeds that i get from the sacks that i buy from my dealer bc i have a bag of about 100 seeds thati have collected from the sacks that i smoke...they are tiger striped so they are all plantable i guess?

Firstly-

Welcome to ozstoners!! :reallyexcited:

Secondly why do you want 5 plants?? thats alot of plants mate.

Your better off with 2 to begin with.

Lights- The best lighting is HPS, followed by MH, and then fluros.

how do you plan on growing them??

I would start off using the bagseed you have and growing under fluros.

what is scrog and sog and how do i do it?

scrog is Screen of green- basic terms you train the plant to a screen, this spreads out the plant so that the light hits as much bud as possible. usually one or two plants.

SOG- is Sea of green, A lot of plants 100s grown very small, the benefit of this is you get faster harvests.

so how exactly would i :shy: "train" a plant to harvest quickly? and approximately how many fluorescent bulbs would i need? are these fluorescent bulbs you talk about those long tubes or am i thinking of something else...i have read so much about growing but i am still in the same mindset of before i read...i know nothing :peace: i think i need like an example a thorough example showing everything bc i know absolutely nothing about growing i even have no idea how to place the lights or anything and all these terminologies are so wierd........