1st Auto Grow In Coco, So many questions :)

Wow SE, are you OK? You seem a little angry.

Dont some strains produce less under the same conditions? So, same room, same conditions, same light (in this example 400w we were saying) 2 different strains would produce different results. Would they not?

Was bufo growing the same strain?

I never claimed to be an expert and never will no matter how little or how much I grow in the future.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

SE isn't angry, he just know what works, and proves he knows, in his grow logs, there fucking awesome grows [emoji846][emoji106]

Wow, what a can of worms.

Good read though.

Using a 20l pot and only a small seedling at this stage is the suggestion to water it enough so water drains all the way through and out the bottom??

Seems like a lot of extra nutrients for a plant that is only in the top 50-100mm of the pot at the moment.

Cheers for all the comments guys :)

Hehehehe woot woot, to read or not to read the meter.

Takeaway from the 'discussion' lol follow the rules, once you understand the rules, then you can bend them, ignore them, misquote them etc.

Watching what runs out when you have a disaster  :twitchsmile: is even more fun, why miss out on the action!?

Seems like a lot of extra nutrients for a plant that is only in the top 50-100mm of the pot at the moment.

For sure.

Why waste nutrient, this is what you start thinking about, things like that.

Soooooo

If you're confident it's the correct pH and EC in that 20litre you won't need to touch it until the pot dries out a bit... if only we had a way to confirm this ?  :twiddle:  

You'll get the hang of things, occaisional flushes, read the meter IF YOU DARE lol

Main thing > Don't get it too wet.

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

So i thought i would give a quick update and get some more info if possible.

So my 3 autos are going ok i guess. 2 are doing well and 1 is not so much lol.

My 2 photos are 2-3 time bigger than the autos in potting mix and some basic fertilisers...

Im thinking i am still a bit too green to trying the autos in coco but ive started now so will persist.

These are out door grows, i have recently put a shade cloth roof over my grow area for privacy.

Would 50% UV transparency affect the grow? They still get sunlight all day with about 3-4 hours full light not under the shade cloth. 

I am still waiting for PH and PPM meter to arrive as i do like to know whats going on.

I did buy a Hydroponic PH test kit from bunnings to have a look.

My tap water is around 8ph

The nutrient water dropped the PH to 6.5ph which is where it should be from what i have read.

My run off was around 4.5ph

Now the test kit relies on colours and to be honest i dont think its really accurate however its all i have to go off at the moment.

I am watering each 20l pot with about 2L if nutrient water which at my best guess i get about 1L of runoff.

I think I should up the amount to 3L to get more run off and might lift the PH run off as well?

My other option is to cut my losses and replant the autos into soil??

Thanks in advance for all your help guys, really appreciate it :)

post-65531-0-95293200-1568532376_thumb.jpg

post-65531-0-57796400-1568532409_thumb.jpg

post-65531-0-59149500-1568532442_thumb.jpg

post-65531-0-01615500-1568532488_thumb.jpg

post-65531-0-14791100-1568532509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spider450

I start in small pots and transplant when they get rootbound. Never had to check runoff but I am using blumats so there isn't any runoff to check. I just make sure the ph going in is correct and don't mix the nutes too strong (I start with 1/8 strength then increase to 1/2 strength max - canna coco a+b and a bit of calmag - works for me all the way through grow). I've completed a few indoor coco photo grows using this method and I've never had salt buildup issues that I know of (I assume that's why you are watering to runoff?)

No No, never transplant an autoflower. Strait in the finishing pot, other you'll get one finger bud for the harvest, most autoflower roots are very sensitive so you are doing mass damage the veg time or whenever you transplant an auto flower.

I'll defer to the experts as I've never grown autos, so apologies for the bum steer. But if I ever get my hands on some auto seeds, it will be something I'll test out myself, I guess one just needs to be super careful with the roots.

And re plant MD or MO pot

I'm confused, if no transplanting, what did you mean by this?