• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Stop gnats in coco - pool filter sand ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Dank1

Dank1

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 Posts:

Wow, Google just told me they lay eggs ,,always thought it was like flies laying maggots,,,but yeah, I've pulled apart a cube to find heaps of the little mini magot looking things in there where the base of the stem starts and amongst the roots ,,,

Little bastards get into everything, at first I thought it may have just been a coco thing and thought that maybe the reason why lots of people don't like coco so much.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Well they - gnats do like coco that's for sure ,,I've always thought that the green shit that often grows on the top of the cubes attracts the gnats ,,

Could be wrong ,,.

Edited by Serrated edge, 05 August 2019 - 04:52 PM.

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Drug War Veteran

• Banned
  • 5130 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
They are attracted to moisture in the soil.

Dank1

Dank1

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 Posts:
I used to grow indoors about 20 years ago and I'll be buggered if I can remember ever having a problem with them back then. Maybe I just didn't know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Dank1

Dank1

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 Posts:

They are attracted to moisture in the soil.

Yes I did read that so I was trying to let the top bit of coco dry out and to be honest I believe when I was doing that I saw less numbers of the bastards.

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Yep they like the wet

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Drug War Veteran

• Banned
  • 5130 Posts:

Yes I did read that so I was trying to let the top bit of coco dry out and to be honest I believe when I was doing that I saw less numbers of the bastards.

You see less because they go deeper with the moisture. As long as they not in plague proportions they are not really a problem. Ive had em ever since i started growing.
I knew if i used soil inside ide have em an yep they are there. I just use sticky traps and water and spray with neem. If you mount an all out assault ya might stop em but probably not.

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Drug War Veteran

• Banned
  • 5130 Posts:
Im thinking of trying bugs for bugs to see if i can stop useing neem or a least less of it.

Dank1

Dank1

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 Posts:

You see less because they go deeper with the moisture. As long as they not in plague proportions they are not really a problem. Ive had em ever since i started growing.
I knew if i used soil inside ide have em an yep they are there. I just use sticky traps and water and spray with neem. If you mount an all out assault ya might stop em but probably not.

Cunning little bastards, yeah no plague proportions here. As I typed that one just flew past me. lol would be interesting to see if the bugs work.

Edited by Dank1, 05 August 2019 - 05:23 PM.

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7133 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Clear some pm's sedge, been trying to message you ..

Yep they like the wet

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.