Drying Curing Tent

Have a problem each time I harvest due to the smell of the flowers drying. It goes through the whole house over a period of 8 or so days. Very noticeable. Can't dry in my growing space due to higher humidity.

Looking for low cost ideas on how to mask or scrub the smell whilst I dry. Considering a very small tent with a fan and carbon filter.

Are there any better options ppl use? Not keen on the ambipur plugs or other odor masking solutions.

Cheers, MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeah mate, makes sense but I don't have a tent. Currently looking around for the smallest tent, fan and carbon filter I can find. Guess I could use it for seedlings too when not drying.

I dry in my tent mlg, with the filter of course. No smell whatsoever.. until you open it then bam! lol

Same I have a cheapo tent, looks like a Jardin knock-off with a cheap Grolush fan.

I hear ya about the ambipure plug-in things, or any other smelly mask. I have a mate that his missus grows in their polytunnel and even though they live on a lettuce farm and there is fuck all neighbors, she is paranoid about the smells during bloom. So she lights incense in the polytunnel and the complaints department about their smoko is huge as it taste perfumey and like the incense. Tried telling her last season, but she did it again, and the cover up smelly incense absorbed into the buds again.

hi mlg :)

i looked into something similar mate and was surprised by the price. i ended up going for a small tent ... but put it in my grow tent, which isn't the biggest either ... that way i can use the existing fan/carbon filter - not the same as your set up, but something that might be relevant ... i did find that the smaller size didn't equate to a smaller price.

in your situation (with no current tent) ... if stealth or space isn't an issue ... i reckon you'd get more bang by buying a typical tent, fan/carbon filter size - not sure what that currently is, but reckon it might be something like a 100x100x200 tent, 150 fan and filter.

smaller in this case is not better ... but average is great.:)

Cheers for the replies guys. I have a normal built in cupboard I sometimes get my plants started it. Ill probs measure it up, get a cheap tent for the space and buy the fan and filter.

I have a big ass phresh in my main grow space but are the cheaper filters totally useless for a smaller space? Heard Can and Phresh are the best.

Cheers. MLG

Edited by midlifegardner

Would this be OK for my cupboard of 1.4m sq? Fan is 100cfm and the filter is of filteroo brand. Only being used for drying so probs just stick the filter onto the fan directly and place into the cupboard with drying buds.

Most concern is of the cheaper filteroo filter versus the better ones like can and Phresh. Is the filter still OK but perhaps its life is a bit shorter than the others?

Cheers MLGpost-61631-156461965984_thumb.jpeg

Hey MLG. I have that exact kit for a 0.8x0.8x1.6 tent. I just finished an auto cbd strain and she was the stinkiest by far. I struggled with the smell towards the end so I’m going to ditch the cheapo and get a Phresh or mountain air as recommended by the fine chaps on this forum. Of course it depends on how many runs and type of strain. Now I’m just trying to work out what intake fan to buy that would compliment the new filter. Nothing to pricey but something better than what you listed. For drying though. It might be fine. I use the same tent for drying.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1