• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

First time newbie.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Defsnotacop

Defsnotacop

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi guys. I am wanting a few tips and some leads on different products.

First off, I have a 1.2x1.2x2 tent coming with a 600w hps cooltube and a cfl for starters. I was going to go led, but will look at that for next grow.

My initial idea was to try dwc, 2 plants in a 50 litre tub. I would like some leads on a good locally available sterile agent like z7.

Other idea, maybe easier for a newb, is a dirt style grow.

Basically I have about 600 dollaroos to set up with. Will be getting the all-star hybrid pack from sss.

Thanks for any info. Have been lurking and reading heaps of diaries etc. So now I am totally confused. I am in central qld to, so trying to keep temps down may be a problem.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

fred_hawk

fred_hawk

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 Posts:
  • Interests:bikes and green
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
its alot of fun I love watching my plants grow.
whatever you do just enjoy it

Defsnotacop

Defsnotacop

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
Yeah, I'll try.

NakedMonk

NakedMonk

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: LED (not that Blurple shit)
  • Fav. Nutrients:Sensi Pro Bio Diesel

Tips for DWC:

1. make sure you have plenty of O2 in the nutrient solution, Get yourself a decent sized air pump and run multiple air stones.
  2. Consider making a side reservoir/control bucket for easier nutrient changes, aquarium heaters. ice bottles pH/EC testing, etc
  3. keep nutrient strength lower than label recommendation, start off small and slowly work your way up according to plants response

kloud9

kloud9

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4859 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

Tips for DWC:

• make sure you have plenty of O2 in the nutrient solution, Get yourself a decent sized air pump and run multiple air stones.
  • Consider making a side reservoir/control bucket for easier nutrient changes, aquarium heaters. ice bottles pH/EC testing, etc
  • keep nutrient strength lower than label recommendation, start off small and slowly work your way up according to plants response
Good advice, I'd give dwc a go but it gets way too warm for about 6 months in QLD, and water chiller look too dear + power ... frozen bottles trick sounds like a plan..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Defsnotacop

Defsnotacop

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
Thanks guys. Yeah I can see temperature control being an issue.

kloud9

kloud9

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4859 Posts:
The water temps mainly 18-24 max, it would probably sitting on 24-28 More likely, and not good for dwc, unfortunately... still thinking tho..

Raniformis

Raniformis

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 Posts:
If you're sifting through a mix of strains it might be more convenient to go with a soil like medium so you can move pots around. You'll have to consider, males, different growth rates, flowering times, etc.

NakedMonk

NakedMonk

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: LED (not that Blurple shit)
  • Fav. Nutrients:Sensi Pro Bio Diesel

Good advice, I'd give dwc a go but it gets way too warm for about 6 months in QLD, and water chiller look too dear + power ... frozen bottles trick sounds like a plan..

Even down in Vic, the temps can climb during the summer causing res temps to rise. Fortunately I have a spare 1/4hp water chiller that I used for my marine aquarium. Also my total water volume for the RDWC was 180L (including the control res), which that volume made it take longer for the temperature to rise, but was a bitch to change nutrients every 7 days.

kloud9

kloud9

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4859 Posts:

Even down in Vic, the temps can climb during the summer causing res temps to rise. Fortunately I have a spare 1/4hp water chiller that I used for my marine aquarium. Also my total water volume for the RDWC was 180L (including the control res), which that volume made it take longer for the temperature to rise, but was a bitch to change nutrients every 7 days.

You change every 7 days even though veg..?

Hy-Gen Humiboosta Blend of Humic and Fulvic Acids
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.