F*$ken LED's

Was it much cheaper to wire these yourself? :scales:

Or purely for journeys sake?

buying these components separately and wiring yourself is significantly cheaper, also allows you to customise a little more. It can be a bit of a head fuck understanding the current (mA) vs volts of different set ups

Just wired the second one exactly the same.

1.08 amps and 251 Watts.

wtf?

NM, I used this thing to measure it:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-energy-cost-electrical-meter_p4410270

I have one of those arlec things, I'm not a real fan of them.

Being that is a CV driver you will have max voltage of 54 volts (no matter how many boards you have attached), those QB288 v2 max out at 2.8 amps ( they are happy at 2.1 amps, but only really controllable on a CC driver), so at max amps 2.8 and 54v would give you 151.2 watts

buying these components separately and wiring yourself is significantly cheaper, also allows you to customise a little more. It can be a bit of a head fuck understanding the current (mA) vs volts of different set ups

I have one of those arlec things, I'm not a real fan of them.

Being that is a CV driver you will have max voltage of 54 volts (no matter how many boards you have attached), those QB288 v2 max out at 2.8 amps ( they are happy at 2.1 amps, but only really controllable on a CC driver), so at max amps 2.8 and 54v would give you 151.2 watts

Yep, I am lost.

do you know what the Io and Vo adjustments do?  I suspect this might account for the differences ?

from the user manual:

post-2463-0-70376800-1561346469_thumb.jpg

thanks mate.. I will have a watch when i get a chance.

i plugged them both in together and there was no noticeable difference in brightness, yet one is drawing twice the other.... so must be in those dial settings, just find it strange it can get to 500 plus watts in the first place, regardless of the dial settings... 

This is more of a "what I would do" thing. I would put those drivers in storage for later running say a single 4000K Luminus CMX-32 gen 4 COB chip in a veg tent and get new Meanwell HLG 240H-C2100A driver and run in series as you originally planned. My reasons for that route is that you are getting a constant 2.1 amps at each board, no risk of thermal run away. Its the C2100 that horticultural lighting group uses. 

• Upvote 1

thanks mate.. I will have a watch when i get a chance.

i plugged them both in together and there was no noticeable difference in brightness, yet one is drawing twice the other.... so must be in those dial settings, just find it strange it can get to 500 plus watts in the first place, regardless of the dial settings...

Faulty..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app