Spotted these little bugs

should growers use neem oil , yes absolutely but

out compete i say & use less inputs like neem if possible 

think of fungus gnat larvae not as a pest but as food for beneficial organisms 

anyone see the latest shango los youtube vid with a soil biologist from mammoth p

& joshua steensland indoor no till grower , talking bout polyculture / cannabis companion planting 

vid gist , create a polyculture ( lots of plants ) the opposite of a monoculture ( one plant )

& utilize the benefits of plant diversity above ground & root diversity below ground 

as well as attracting a divers insect population , plants attract microorganisms to

there root microbiome so more plants = more organisms , by sheer weight of

numbers your bound to end up with a soil dweller or two that likes eating gnat larvae 

as well as above the ground attracting lady bugs that like eating spider mite & aphid & & & ! competitive exclusion

• Upvote 1

should growers use neem oil , yes absolutely but

out compete i say & use less inputs like neem if possible 

think of fungus gnat larvae not as a pest but as food for beneficial organisms 

anyone see the latest shango los youtube vid with a soil biologist from mammoth p

& joshua steensland indoor no till grower , talking bout polyculture / cannabis companion planting 

vid gist , create a polyculture ( lots of plants ) the opposite of a monoculture ( one plant )

& utilize the benefits of plant diversity above ground & root diversity below ground 

as well as attracting a divers insect population , plants attract microorganisms to

there root microbiome so more plants = more organisms , by sheer weight of

numbers your bound to end up with a soil dweller or two that likes eating gnat larvae 

as well as above the ground attracting lady bugs that like eating spider mite & aphid & & & ! competitive exclusion

nice one itchy ... next level stuff mate. :)

that is getting as close to nature as possible. something definitely worth aspiring to.

Good one pug. You certainly know your stuff. It's not good for organics but I've used h2o2 with success in the past when the prob was really bad. Let the top dry out and the mix up h2o2 and water and get about the top 2cm wet.

Also dont know what pots you have but remember they can enter from the bottom of the pot too. In that case steal some stockings from your missus and cover the base of the pot.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thx mlg for the suggestions and also the kind words ... but the truth is that i'm still on L plates mate. the stuff i am suggesting (and that i use myself and find very helpful) has all come from some very helpful and knowledgeable notillers.  i've been reading itchy's post now for a very long time ... he writes a fair few and isn't shy on explaining things well ... for me, everything he has suggested on a range of subjects has been spot on. i've taken quite a few notes from both him and merl1n over the years ... as well as many others on our board.

love the knowledge that is available here ... there are some gold nuggets from the grumpiest old bastards to young growers carving it up.

• Upvote 1