First try cannabis capules

AquaDolly

Question

Well, I finally found something easy enough for even me not to get confused with zero hard work.

Whole cannabis capsules. Saw it on Pinterest. I decarded the cannabis, then put it in the coffee grinder with about 1/2 teaspoon of soy licithin as the fat compound.

The capsules fitted into a slurpy straw so all I had to do was use the straw to scoop up about 1c.m of the mix then put the while part of the capsule just in the end and basically just let the mix fall into the capsule giving it a light tap. Put the blue part of the capsule on and done.

No mess, no waste.

Will find out tomorrow morning how hubby goes with dose.

If all goes well he can take these when he's away for work on cruises or camping.5d308b7c4e4b2094186b237ed40c8bda.jpg0ad112c020ec488d41e60dad66b858ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 answers to this question

That's really interesting!

Will he be trying one soon? I look forward to the results.

What is the advantage in adding leicithin dry without bonding it to the THC with heat and moisture?

cheers

From what I understand body heat will help with absorption. He seems to like them so far but the big test will be this weekend when he's away for work. As a PTSD med user if this works like it seems to so far he can keep them in his work stuff just like any medication. Got a few empty pill bottles with his name on them so small blue and white capsules nobody will think twice about. I saw it in on Pinrest if you want to check it out.

• Upvote 1

Hey was just having a quick read about the lethacin. I've copied it over to here for a read:

How Adding Lecithin Affects Your Cannabis Edibles

What is lecithin? It is an emulsifier, a substance that helps ingredients bind together. But it is also a phospholipid emulsifier. A phospholipid is a fat molecule which makes up cell membranes. Its function is to act as a barrier so that the emulsified product stays stable for a long time. The reason that lecithin makes such a good emulsifier is that it is suited to combining oil in water AND water in oil. Water and fats typically repel each other. Lecithin helps keep them consistently dispersed and bound together so that it facilitates an evener distribution of cannabis in your edible product. This will increase the likelihood that each portion contains about the same dosage of cannabis.

More importantly, lecithin improves bioavailability which is the degree and rate that the body can absorb and process the cannabinoids. You receive more medicinal benefits from the cannabinoids without increasing the amount of cannabis you use. Lecithin minimizes the long-acting effect edibles have by allowing a faster absorption. More THC will be metabolized by the body, making the psychotropic effects more intense. If you are interested in a more prolonged and gradual experience, do not use lecithin.

Sources of Lecithin…the good and the not so good

Let’s start with the lecithin that is very common but is NOT recommended; soy lecithin. It is considered lower quality and is highly processed, using the extraction process of hexane or acetone solvents. Another reason to avoid it is that soy can be pro-inflammatory and mimic estrogen.

The recommended sources are sunflower lecithin, egg yolks (unless you are vegan) and chocolate

Sunflower lecithin is highly recommended. It is cold pressed, similar to olive oil in its processing, raw, and chemical-free of harsh solvents. You can purchase it in liquid, granule or powdered form.

Eggs yolks are a good emulsifier. They do an adequate job of keeping fats and water based ingredients together.

Most chocolate contains lecithin, but not as much as eggs or sunflower lecithin. This explains why chocolate cannabis brownies have been a mainstay of edibles for so many decades.

Both eggs and sunflower lecithin contain choline, a vitamin-like, water-soluble essential nutrient. It is very important for liver function, normal brain development, nerve function, muscle movement, supporting energy levels and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Many Americans are not getting enough choline in their diets. Who knew? So, not only does lecithin makes your edible more potent and beneficial, it also provides an essential nutrient that you were probably lacking.

All you need is one teaspoon of lecithin per cup to increase the binding of THC-infused coconut oil to your water-based brownie batter. Make sure that all liquids are warm enough to stay liquid. This is particularly important when mixing infused cannabis oil with eggs and water when baking. Once you add your dry goods, mix with a “fold and press” motion. Then, mix again. You can also use a blender at high-speed in order to increase its emulsion properties. Lecithin also increases the shelf life of your edibles by preventing the separation of fats and water. There is less chance of the development of molds and mildews if you keep your edibles for any length of time. Anyone for Alice B. Toklas brownies?

Source: herb.com, Why You Should Be Adding Lecithin To Power Up Your Edibles, Anna Wilcox, April 26, 2017

• Upvote 1

From what I understand body heat will help with absorption. He seems to like them so far but the big test will be this weekend when he's away for work. As a PTSD med user if this works like it seems to so far he can keep them in his work stuff just like any medication. Got a few empty pill bottles with his name on them so small blue and white capsules nobody will think twice about. I saw it in on Pinrest if you want to check it out.

Ok that's interesting! 

Do you know what cultivar specifically he has that helps him?

Ok that's interesting!

Do you know what cultivar specifically he has that helps him?

Anything high in THC. I spoke with a lot of Vets in the States about combat related PTSD and also tried CBD for him.

Most here know the story. 2 years ago he slipped into the side of a truck while taking a walk, result was amnesia. Found him a few hours later walking down the street with no idea who our son was or me. Since he didn't know even who he was he couldn't tell me he needed cannabis because he suffers PTSD from active military combat. Ended up on this site desperate for help. Just over 1.5 years later now have enough meds for him without money stress or fear of him going without in dry times.

We have both changed carers and life is better because of cannabis.

Our son is happier, there is no more secrets, we grow together and its a family thing (our sons 15)

Anyone not sure about taking up growing please read this. These capsules can now let him be a normal husband and father who can work and live a normal life again.

• Upvote 1

Anything high in THC. I spoke with a lot of Vets in the States about combat related PTSD and also tried CBD for him.

Most here know the story. 2 years ago he slipped into the side of a truck while taking a walk, result was amnesia. Found him a few hours later walking down the street with no idea who our son was or me. Since he didn't know even who he was he couldn't tell me he needed cannabis because he suffers PTSD from active military combat. Ended up on this site desperate for help. Just over 1.5 years later now have enough meds for him without money stress or fear of him going without in dry times.

We have both changed carers and life is better because of cannabis.

Our son is happier, there is no more secrets, we grow together and its a family thing (our sons 15)

Anyone not sure about taking up growing please read this. These capsules can now let him be a normal husband and father who can work and live a normal life again.

"life is better because of cannabis."

Aint that the truth!  My son is battling cancer. He has had major surgery, lost his femoural nerve and had radio therapy which was nasty. He has been on oil the whole time being CBD 3 times a day and THC at night. His recovery from the operation and radio was incredibly fast with the medical profession quizing him on what he was doing that contributed to an incredibly fast recovery. He had 2 painkillers directly after surgery and then needed no more after that. We put it down to canabis oil. 

Long way to go yet and we are hoping that the oil will kill these tumors forever.

Thanks for your story. Its inspirational. 

• Upvote 1