The Growers Choice of Medium Indoor and a thankyou too all :)

well i got some good results using coco, had a few problems along the way, fungus gnats wasn't one of them, as you OS's know i live in gnat paradise 

maybe half the problem you DCs get is using coco specific nutes and all the other garbage they tell ya use ?

just my uniformed opinion, its the same as growing in any other inert medium 

+1 for canna terra

used with any type of cloth bag and impossible 2 overwater

I add extra perlite cause perlite that comes with it looks like bad dandruff

don't have 2 use canna specific nutes either

can be a bit pricey though

Edited by afgahn bob

Everyone hates coco so much lol it works fine just like other mediums and methods. find out what works for you and your set up, experimenting with new things is always good so if you want to try straight perlite recirc then give it a whirl, take pics and report back here, get a diary going :D

saying that one medium is better than the other is really subjective for each growers situation and a bit silly I think guys. coco works for me so I keep using it, I'm not saying its the best just that it works for me.

• Upvote 2

I have used perlite coco and done DWC, some people will have a dislike for some mediums as you can see with coco, but i find coco a very easy medium to use.

Like pedro said most people start to run into issues because they add this that and the other because the guy at the hydro shop or a mate of a mate said use this and that.

DWC is very hard to beat for growth once you have it on song but it can be a very fiddly and very unforgiving.

I use 100% coco, you where saying you where over all the run off waste going down the drain, coco dosent need to be watered so it totally soaked, i use 250mm pots and each plant will get 1.2 lts per feed each day and i get little to no run off nd the plants are thriving...

• Upvote 2

I have used perlite coco and done DWC, some people will have a dislike for some mediums as you can see with coco, but i find coco a very easy medium to use.

Like pedro said most people start to run into issues because they add this that and the other because the guy at the hydro shop or a mate of a mate said use this and that.

DWC is very hard to beat for growth once you have it on song but it can be a very fiddly and very unforgiving.

I use 100% coco, you where saying you where over all the run off waste going down the drain, coco dosent need to be watered so it totally soaked, i use 250mm pots and each plant will get 1.2 lts per feed each day and i get little to no run off nd the plants are thriving...

Interesting Ozzy. Do you ever check your runoff ppms and ph? Do you always feed with nutes or sometimes give them a feed with phed water?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Some great replies here crew.

Thanks heaps for some of the real detailed setups and replies .

Partimus - yep Ill try another medium in say 2 plants with a side by side the next beans I pop and have a look and see if there’s any difference and keep a grow diary

I am considering maybe trying RDWC in a small tent with a scrog and see how that goes as well the time after as the weather cools down and I don’t need to worry about res temps .

Glad for the coco growers chiming in at least I’m not the only one - ozzy good point on the watering maybe I’m watering to much , I have the ring feeders and water for 1minute , twice a day ... 8 plants with a 100L res . I seem to be filling it every 4 -5 days max . So if u say 1.2 litres a day I should be getting more like 8 days a res hmmmm

Might dial it down to once a day in the morning when lights come on ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1