The Growers Choice of Medium Indoor and a thankyou too all :)

Hey crew

Just wanted too know who’s growing in what (coco,vermiculite, clay etc) and what hydro setup style (drain to waste ,Rdwc etc ) ... I’ve played safe with coco since I started nearly a year ago but considering experimenting cause I enjoy the hobby and the fruits of my labour !!

Also I’ve only been on this forum a bit under a year but have learnt a lot and been given some great advice from people like Merlin , stickeymickey, serrated edge , tunkers, ....., midlife, sooty, billy goat, porky , Pedro , papa and others the list goes on - such a great forum and I try not to ask the same question twice but I have asked a LOT of questions in the last few months as I only know one other person that grows their own and he hasn’t had much more experience than me - so a bloody big cheers for all the help and all the future help I’ll ask for and hopefully give back in time when I’m more confident of my answers

Happy Anzac Day crew

Edited by Jimboss83
  • Upvote 1

RDWC can bring a fair bit of enjoyment when you get it dialed in. Main tricks are good intense lighting, and maintaining root zone temps around 20c-22c.

Once the plants are established there's a good chance you'd be impressed with the growth of them. If you venture into RDWC that is.

• Upvote 1

100% super coarse perlite. Recirculating nutrients, pots drain completely.

Nice cooper - was thinking of going down the perlite Avenue :)

What’s your setup style , Size of pots and main reservoir?

Do you elevate it and pop ya beans in rockwool and then run it for 15 mins each hour ?

Just curious if ya got the time to answer mate :)

I’m sick of wasting a lot of chemicals draining to waste in coco

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by Jimboss83

Here's a really low profile pumping box for ya, it's what I use. Cheap too. Holds about 100L. Needs a lid though. Height is always a problem when elevating pots so short res's are good.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/fountain-products-880-x-880-x-220mm-green-deluxe-sandpit_p3321444

EDIT - Also, I don't think starting with coco is playing it safe. It's shit (can elaborate if you wish). Anything that you use will be a step up. My opinion only :)

off ya go, elaborate

For me I'm sold on hempy buckets. Currently experimenting with the medium for above the res but I think I'll end up with a mix of perlite and vermiculite so it can retain a bit of water and have no problems with gnats. Standard 9L buckets are enough I'm finding but want to do a 20L hempy under my 400w for my next grow. Scrog is a bit of a pita but defo yeilds more.

My feeding is a 45L nute tank below the hempy buckets attached by 13mm flexible hose to hydro halos placed on each bucket. I've gone overboard and have one pump per bucket and another pump inside the nute tank going 24x7 just to keep the water and nutes moving. I usually feed once every 2 days once established and my runoff is a poor man's system with just an ice cream container to catch the runoff which I then manually dump down the sink. I want to put a tap on each bucket so I can flood it and then manually release it. Figure that would also help prevent salt build up.

Love my little hobby. Definitely sold on the hempy buckets as I'm too lazy to do dwc and catching runoff in my space is important to prevent humidity.

I'm babbling... :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app