FREEZER CURING FOR THE BEST QUALITY.

Hi guys. Recently saw a mate of mine and he has been "freezer curing" for years. Reckons its the best for terpenes and some serious very beautiful aromas.

Bassivally he would wait till fully dry.

Then he would vacuum seal it completely and put it in the freezer. Somehow while its vacuumed sealed it goes through a process and ends up with the perfect cure? Also good for long term storage this way?

Someone else told me NOT to vacuum seal after dry and put buds in a breathable plastic bag or such so they can cure that way.

Im unsure the best way to do it. However my mate swears by vacuum sealing. When you open it up after a month or even 7 days its just perfect?

Any insight on this or how to freezer cure correctly?

I vac seal mine. Used jars for years but after seeing micmacs on hear and a few mates i switched to vac seal. Ive never freezed them. Once frozen the trics become brittle and break that's how dryice hash works. I suppose if you froze them and handled them gently they would be ok. Ya mate who told you to put them in something breathable is an idiot all that will achieve is bone dry dust buds which will tast like shit.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Right so...

After dry your crop for 7 days or whatever...you vac seal completely? And the curing provess happens within the vac sealed bag???

The buds I had yesterday that were vac sealed for a month in my mates freezer were absoutley incredible. The quality was just beautiful not to mention the smell.

I thiught you had to burp the buds during a cure? Apparantly not. They were perfect. But one thing with vac sealing is that you can make 8oz look like 1ounce. Not so good if you like your buds looking precious??

• Upvote 1

I have never freezer cured and same for vac sealed i only have ever used glass.

longest i have kept a but curing is 3 years and it was as stinky and tasty as it was the day it went in, over time the taste changed and became even better.

I will have to give freezer curing ago but not a fan of vac sealing bud that tight u need a jack hammer to get a chunk off to smoke..

• Upvote 3

Right so...

After dry your crop for 7 days or whatever...you vac seal completely? And the curing provess happens within the vac sealed bag???

The buds I had yesterday that were vac sealed for a month in my mates freezer were absoutley incredible. The quality was just beautiful not to mention the smell.

I thiught you had to burp the buds during a cure? Apparantly not. They were perfect. But one thing with vac sealing is that you can make 8oz look like 1ounce. Not so good if you like your buds looking precious??

Freezing should help with preservation ..don't know it it will effect terps though.

I was keeping bags in the freezer for a short while ,,didn't notice anything bad,, seemed to keep them like the day they went in.

Heat wil fuck with aroma .so a lot depends on the initial drying ,,too hot and terps disappear .

Then there's not much to really preserve.

• Upvote 1

I've got a vac sealer I use for typical food storage. It has a gentle mode that sucks the air out, but doesn't squeeze the food tight. Good for sausage so they don't end up with funny looking, but harmless, creases. Probably work well on cannabis without turning it into smooshed bricks. Might not be as good as a glass jar in the long-term, because all plastic bags have a small amount of air exchange. Not a lot, so only a problem if you're storing for years...

Right so...

Yes they cure in the sealed bag.

When ya go alot of ozs ya don't have room to store em in jars so turning 8oz to the size of 1 is sometimes a good thing.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app