• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
Hy-Gen Humiboosta Blend of Humic and Fulvic Acids

Photo

Nute problem at the finish line

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Veritas629

Veritas629

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:None

I've posted a similar question in my grow journal, but I'm not sure it will get many views there and might be better off in the troubleshooting section.

Looks like I might have my first nutrient problem on my first grow (DWC, Mills nutes, NL#5), single plant, further details here) . We are 6wks from the day the first bud started to flower. I reduced my nutes to about 970ppm this week in anticipation of flushing next week or the following. Still following the Mills feed chart as it hasn't steered me wrong yet, but on the low end of the recommend dosage. I see some brown or rust color spots that seem to start at the central vein of the leaflets. Only a few leaves affected and only leaves at the top. There is a little bit of curled tips with yellow or brown.

Checked and today's pH = 5.8, 1020ppm, DWC reservoir temp 19C. Completely normal for my grow! The upper light drenched leaves feel a little stiffer and drier than the lower unaffected somewhat shaded leaves. Upper leaves are probably a shade or two lighter green than the lower leaves. 

I'm so close to harvest and don't wanna stuff it up late in the game! Ideas?

Attached File  fc5ee64b6d9c3eac23fb29c5f5e000ad.jpg   128.31K   23 downloads

Attached File  7f4b9fd1b84c04a001766b9089184d62.jpg   103.34K   21 downloads

Attached File  c140e0eb08cfe241eb5feb5b0ba7519a.jpg   100.66K   20 downloads

Attached File  ce4fcb38c64c1a59aaadb2e3b0c51e1d.jpg   122.38K   19 downloads

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

papasmurf999

papasmurf999

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1773 Posts:
Too much nutes mate. Back it off a little bit. I don't run dwc but I don't think 1050 ppm is right.

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5561 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All

Feed chart hasn't steered you wrong yet ?

Looks like you've got some nute burn,, what were you feeding at before you lowered it ?

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 9321 Posts:
  • Interests:getting modded
  • Cannabis Use:Hemp/Fibre
  • Fav. Lighting: LED disco balls
  • Fav. Nutrients:water

To much salt build up

Veritas629

Veritas629

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 Posts:

Hmmm, I was thinking I might have a deficiency, but a general "too much nutes" is probably easier to fix.   I could just dilute it with a few extra liters of plain pH'd water, right?  This would keep the nutrient ratios the same, but weaker over all.  I've been using the Mills chart my whole grow and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.  Tiny bit of tip burn early on, but I mean tiny.  That's when I went from the medium chart to the low range chart.  My nutes have been steady for all of flowering: mid-900's when I res change and it builds up to 1050-1100 over the next 7-day period (I clean my res weekly).  What ppm do you think I should aim for?  

Porky 1982

Porky 1982

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2561 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
Yeah to much goodness. Ive just had a set of autos do the same. I just gave them nothing but water for 2 weeks and they fine now. Mine in soil but.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

ZEN2U

ZEN2U

Real Happiness Lies In Making Others Happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts:
  • Interests:At the moment, getting my Black Belt in Rhee Taekwon Do. Got it.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: CMH Dual 315W

Unless the nute is specifically designed for DWC, then you shouldn't be feeding anywhere close to max suggested feed rates for other mediums.

50% is suggested, with a slow increase to where the plant can best tolerate a max.

Veritas629

Veritas629

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 Posts:
Well, I diluted too 700ppm tonight. I wanted to do full res change, but I couldn't make it in time before lights out. Learning curve....

OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.