Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

Heya DNG.

Im like itchy, have some Blumats, haven't used yet.

As the base setup is a single exit dripper, are there ever any problems with regard to distribution when running a single exit?

What's your view on the dripper extensions and when the maxis should be used?

Cheers

Hey I've always used distribution drippers, 3 per 50L pot works best. Maintain shortest feeder line (7mm hose) as possible if running gravity fed system. I have never seen the need to use maxis and don't feel they are necessary.

Gravity systems work best with an equalised line by making 2 thru hull connections on your elevated tank and joining the supply tube in a loop. Attach Blumat carrots anywhere along the supply tube loop for equal pressure. When setting up, place the sensor in your soil that you have watered to field capacity... In the growers case, water your soil to a level that you would normally. When filling carrot with water, make sure there are no air bubbles, fill and attach sensor cap under water. Let the sensor sit in the soil for an hour or so, then calibrate.

Edited by DoNothingGarden
  • Upvote 1

Blumats, when correctly setup will increase yields from even the most skilled hand watering in living soil grows by approx 15%. They keep the soil at a consistent moisture level that we aim for. It encourages a healthy soil food web by avoiding wet dry cycles and when dialled, you don't have to do anything except keep your reservoir full.
  • Upvote 1

hey mate,

If i were to use a shallower container with your soil, what sort of depth do you think would be ok for a minimum depth ? 

e.g. if i had a tub that was 1.2m square, what sort of minimum depth do you think i could run? (excluding mulch on top.

That's an ultimate setup for a 1.2m square tent. I believe Geopot make a raised bed with PVC frame for this purpose. Minimum depth at that size would be 200mm basically? Really just account for minimum volume of 75L per corner and go from there. If going the raised bed route, maximise soil volume for successful ongoing harvests with a no till cultivation style.

hey mate,

If i were to use a shallower container with your soil, what sort of depth do you think would be ok for a minimum depth ? 

e.g. if i had a tub that was 1.2m square, what sort of minimum depth do you think i could run? (excluding mulch on top.

geo planter https://www.geopot.com/products/geoplanter-fabric-raised-garden-bed?variant=443716873

Joshua Steensland , 9th cycle/geo planter/indoor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_91ECnnubgqmJy4zeauUg
  • Upvote 1