Organic, pro-biotic and organic growing without bottled nutrients

^ Be nice tosee the DNG soil Ithcy.

I have the amendments Neem Meal and Kelp meal.  I am trying to get by with that, as there is not many pure organic fertilizers on the market, Searles Fish and Kelp is 100% as is there 5in1. There is no bloom nutes without chemicals like the Powerfeeds

Neem Meal tried 1/4 cup dressing. Being Organic will first go through the soil and to the plant.

^ Be nice tosee the DNG soil Ithcy.

I have the amendments Neem Meal and Kelp meal.  I am trying to get by with that, as there is not many pure organic fertilizers on the market, Searles Fish and Kelp is 100% as is there 5in1. There is no bloom nutes without chemicals like the Powerfeeds

Neem Meal tried 1/4 cup dressing. Being Organic will first go through the soil and to the plant.

hey smoke 

i have his soil but haven't got it into any pots yet i'll see how i go tomorrow , i'll try to get a pic posted up

of what it looks like out of the bag  

minerals are a handy thing to add to a mix , you can get them from basalt rock bust as well as minerals from dolomite 

with DNG soil mix it's water only so no need to buy any bottles for veg or flower but you have kelp so you can make your own seasol

you can also make neem kelp teas , buy some seeds & make seed sprout teas 

but as DNG has done , add all that's needed in the soil so no bottled nutrients are required 

you can chat to pdman who's doing / making allot of Korean Natural farming solutions to use on plants https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/81691-no-till-with-a-splash-of-knf/

you can have a look here for some ideas which if you scroll down you'll find info on making a neem kelp tea 

as well as lots of other DIY soil drenches & foliar sprays , soil mixes , soil re amending https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/all-organic-recipes-and-notes-compilation.1421024/

DNG also has some bottles like the amino acid from NTS which would work great all way through veg & flower 

if you think you need it , cost is between $25 & $30 , & certified organic 

hope that helps a bit mate 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 3

Hey Itchy

Thanks mate for the help, the links are great Pdman and also the no till recipes and teas on grass city, thats a great reference

I cant wait to see the DNG soil. The water only is very handy, as the bottle nutrients are expensive, especially some of the Canna range, and its not 100% organic.

Cheers mate

Smokey

• Upvote 1

I've been learning a few things from my customers over the last few months which we can all lear from.

In living soils, number 1 issue that comes up is watering technique. Under or overwatering will throw off pH, nutrient availability and encourage disease causing organisms. If you get runoff and the pot is heavy or soil feels wet already, you watered beyond field capacity and are overwatering. Keeping soil evenly moist will resolve most issues.

Tiny pots: everything the plant needs is in the soil, you arent feeding ionic nutrients in solution so provide enough volume soil to support plant for its entire life. Biology won't keep up otherwise. Full season plants need a good 100L minimum... indoors, 50L is great. Autos you can get away with smaller pots.

Worm castings or quality compost or both is your best friend and is the life source of the soil. If encountering issues from watering inconsistencies, topdress with worm castings, lightly mulch for moisture retention and carbon source and water in... 

• Upvote 2

Hey Dng.

I have recently completed an indoor grow with your soil.

I used 45L bags.

Unfortunately, the soil was not enough to get the plants right through to harvest in my opinion.  A lot of leaves yellowed and dropped off from around half way through flower.  I resisted the temptation to feed them anything, as the taste of the previous outdoor grow (in your soil) is fucken magic and did not want to risk screwing with that.

I have another grow at the moment, again, all in you soil, one of the plants is actually in the same soil i used outdoors earlier this year.

At only two weeks in to flower there is already one plant that has started to become lighter than the others.  Again, this is in 45L pots.  In addition to your soil, I added around 2L of worm castings a small handful of kelp meal and a nice layer of sugar cane mulch.

I have also recently acquired blumats, so once i get them installed, watering cannot be the issue, not that i think it has been, I have always watered slowly and with very minimal run off, if any at all.

• Upvote 1

Okay, interesting. Is it from the same 50L pot of soil that you grew your last outdoor plant in? Id recommend recycling... 2 parts old soil, 1 part worm castings/quality compost and another part aeration. Per 25L of this blend add 1 cup of organic fertiliser or blend of neem, kelp, fish meals. Blend well, wet down with clean water and allow to cycle for 1 to 2 weeks, turning every couple days. Then plant into it... keep evenly moist, don't over water. You will flush alot of minerals out the container, throwing off the balance and encouraging anaerobes... sorry your plants went yellow. In future maybe just water with ablittle fish hydrolosate or something?