Advice on 1st hydro attempt

Merlin and Zen thank you both for all the information. Papa, Porky and Buzzo, thanks for being blunt haha

You guys are right again, there would be no chance keeping that temp down. Container was sitting at 33 at 10.30 this morning. Was really hoping to give a hydro grow ago but will have a lot more research to do.

Thanks again guys [emoji106] [emoji122]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I agree with the other guys, water temp is a big deal. Too hot and you starve the roots of oxygen and risk root rot. Too cold and she will slow down growth. I aim for 15-20C and act fast if she creeps over 22C. My first grow is DWC, but I have a long history of aquariums, chemistry, and brewing experience. I'm switching to soil next, because the DWC consumes a lot of time. And the big one for me, I understand water chemistry and enjoy the work, but when I'm outta town my missus doesn't wanna monitor the system. But you can get a trustworthy person to sprinkle a pre-made water solution in potted plants.... DWC is definitely productive, but hit google and read a few dozen articles first!

Merlin and Zen thank you both for all the information. Papa, Porky and Buzzo, thanks for being blunt haha

You guys are right again, there would be no chance keeping that temp down. Container was sitting at 33 at 10.30 this morning. Was really hoping to give a hydro grow ago but will have a lot more research to do.

Thanks again guys [emoji106] [emoji122]

There are many other types of hydro you can still try. Maybe the best starting hydro would be coco. Have a read of maximum yield quick guide.

https://www.maximumyield.com/a-quick-guide-to-growing-plants-in-coco-coir/2/3610

yeah its been mentioned but id start thinking about burying that res' 30cm underground or refrigeration, i live in a hot summer area and people literally loose plants because of the fact they run soil with black pots. guessing your in australia and knowing that everywheres gunna have to be above 20 degrees allmost all the time theres gunna be some trouble had.

i guess the best advice i can offer is circulation, stagnant water is dangerous, keep it cycling wether its through a pipe and back into and res, also if you let the water drop it will oxygenate the mixture itself, but this requires a pump.

IMO DWC is not a good way to start for newbies. It's not real forgiving. Processes have to be really refined for DWC

Again, in my opinion, run to waste or recirc would be a better option. BUT at the moment, with this heat... ...forget it. Start to make a plan now, get the bits you need, wait a month (till it cools a bit) then start.

Trying to manage the heat is simply a bastard. Too many headfucks

Hydro ain't that difficult, Christ, if I can do it anybody can.

Here's a couple of diagrams of a simple hydro setup 

The grow space https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17477-mud-map-of-room/

The tub (heart) https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17475-heart-setup/

And the results https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/

The less technical, the less things to fuck up. I use the K.I.S.S. theory (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Get some grow experience under your belt with a simple hydro system, then make improvements. Nobody ever starts off as an expert, that comes from experience. Some people make out they know it all. I call BULLSHIT, nobody knows it all. I know what works best for my setup and my systems/processes, BUT I do not know it all.

Hope it helps 

Merl1n

Why dont you try a large hempy bucket for your grow? You've got ample space so try a 20L bucket maybe? You'll have your little res at the bottom of the pot and can still let it go dry once in a while.

Hempy gives you a simple hydro setup without the complications and is still forgiving. It's the poor man's hydro. MLG