Premade potting mixes

I have used most brands of potting mix but i found they are full of bark and crap and have noticed in the past few years that they may also contain Gnat lave :(

I'm currently using Scott's Ozmocote Professional and pretty happy with it so far and i also throw in some Perlite and as Aqua said you still will need to feed it something alse after a while.

post-59652-0-90946200-1544303865_thumb.jpg

I have used most brands of potting mix but i found they are full of bark and crap and have noticed in the past few years that they may also contain Gnat lave :(

I'm currently using Scott's Ozmocote Professional and pretty happy with it so far and i also throw in some Perlite and as Aqua said you still will need to feed it something alse after a while.

attachicon.gifpotting mix.jpg

No issue with the slow release ferts OMD? I ask because I used the same in my first grow and I reckon there was just too much for them when they are seedlings.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

No issue with the slow release ferts OMD? I ask because I used the same in my first grow and I reckon there was just too much for them when they are seedlings.

I used a seed raising mix mate to get them going to about 3 nodes tall and then re-potted into the potting mix. I wouldn't recommend starting seeds in a potting mix that contains ferts, might be abit hot for them.

• Upvote 1

I used a seed raising mix mate to get them going to about 3 nodes tall and then re-potted into the potting mix. I wouldn't recommend starting seeds in a potting mix that contains ferts, might be abit hot for them.

And that's what I did. It was an auto and read about avoiding the repotting. Yep, was way too hot but once they got bigger they kicked off again.

I just grabbed some of this https://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/scotts-brands/pure-organic/pure-organic-potting-mix/pure-organic-premium-potting-planting-mix/ and I wanted to blend in some peat moss, coco and perlite for a decent base mix. This is actually the first potting mix I tested to be quite alkaline. Not sure if I should still give it a go or dump it.

file 1