Grow tent options

6 of one, half a dozen of the other, used both. Not all tap water are equal, same as tank water.

My tank I used to add bleach(straight, no scents) at 2 drops/L every 3 months. This kills a few bugs that might grow in your tank(Giardia, comes from animal shit, like birds). Chlorine used to burn off after about a week. So after the treatment water was pretty good. Tank was also vacuumed(about $50) once every 12 mths to rid of crap off the bottom of the tank.

Tap water varies from council to council, state to state across the country. Here in Tassie, at one stage there were places you had to boil water before drinking, others you simply couldn't drink it at all. In most cases tap water will be pretty standard, only varying in Chlorine, Fluorides and Minerals. Chlorine you can get rid of if you leave the water out in open, clear containers for 24hrs in direct sunlight.

If you are really worried about water. Buy or make a cheap still and make your own distilled water, about as pure as you can get water. I also make my own spirits. ;)

RO water is supposed to be good, probably costs a lot more though, never used it.

Edited by ZEN2U
  • Upvote 1

Tent I'm using, nice size for scrog. I'm constrained by height, 2m version would be better for you if no height constraints are affecting you.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hydro-Experts-Grow-Tent-1-2M-x-1-2M-x-1-8M-Hydroponics-Indoor-Green-House/232911197367?hash=item363a96d4b7:g:hSsAAOSwvGdbowZI:rk:1:pf:0

If you don't want to make a screen and simply wish to buy it.

https://accenthydroponics.com/accessories/measurement/stretch-scrogg-nett-120cm-x-120cm/

Thanks dude !