Co growing different strains

Paul D.

For the most part no u can grow and many diff ones in same tent as u like.

Where the issue can come in if feeding some will like as much as u can give them but others will show nute burn.

Some like it strong and can handle it some dont and over fertin will cause u a few probs, it will be a balancing act with nutes...

growing all the same cultivar is called mono cropping , if one gets a prob , chances are all get the prob 

multiple cultivars can work well cause where one is susceptible to a pest or pathogen the other is resistant 

which might help to protect both  

down side to multiple cultivars is as ozzy says feeding in a hydro system 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 2

I do this all the time indoors. Then again the genetics I use have been bred to be highly resistant to pathogens. I know the requirements of my strains.

The problem will occur if your growing a hungry strain next to one that loves a low EC. Try and grow cultivars with similar nutrient needs my advice for what it's worth.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

I do this all the time indoors. Then again the genetics I use have been bred to be highly resistant to pathogens. I know the requirements of my strains.

The problem will occur if your growing a hungry strain next to one that loves a low EC. Try and grow cultivars with similar nutrient needs my advice for what it's worth.

Thanks! Yeah...good points..

Thanks to all ...

I guess I should have worked out all those things myself ....

I am going to trial 2 x KushOG with 2 x PineappleExpress... fem..but not autos .. Yes..thell share the same nute tank...and with coco...it tends to be DWC anyway.....so ill see how it goes. Harvesting a lil peep...atm...

I seem to not be able to kill anything with the same set up ....in half a doz grows... so ill give it a whirl...

I have done it in the past and will never do it again.

with one grow one got root rot, infected the lot.

With another grow one strain BOOMED and over took the space, blocking the light to the others. SCROGGING it helped as before I turned, I levelled them all out. But when I turned 12/12 my scrog net didn't have the space to keep them all at the same level. I chopped the bigger one back but having already turned 12/12 all of the remaining buds turned fluffy as shit. The growth splurt had already taken over and blocked the smaller girls from getting light, so those buds didn't develop as well as they could have either.

IMO don't do it.

I now grow one plant, it's a BIG plant, SCROGGED, grown in a 50ltr pot. It takes a bit longer in vege (18/6) But much better results.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1