Would you bother?

I am using jiffy pots that are the compressed pellets and I just topped them up with this:

https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/products/category/OTNTNCPH-speciality-range/SPRB--searles-propagating-mix-12lt

I was going to use that stuff for the next size up pot... Is that tiny bark no good?

I wish we had the hydroexperts stuff nearby-.. but I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'll have to make my own...???

ps. For my other grow... bit of a mighty problem... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZI-MAGIC-TERMINATA-MITE-SPRAY-Hydroponics-Grow-Plant-500ml/251782229588?hash=item3a9f63ee54%3Ag%3Ak3sAAOSwmHdbPGXi&_sacat=0&_nkw=mite+spray+plant&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xmite+spray+plant.TRS0&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Has anyone used that? I have been using a combination of soap/neem&mavrick... but they still allmitey. :(

Edited by jackiedevineinsunshine

I am using jiffy pots that are the compressed pellets and I just topped them up with this:

https://www.searlesgardening.com.au/products/category/OTNTNCPH-speciality-range/SPRB--searles-propagating-mix-12lt

I was going to use that stuff for the next size up pot... Is that tiny bark no good?

I wish we had the hydroexperts stuff nearby-.. but I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'll have to make my own...???

Just get it in the post from hydro experts

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It seems so silly shipping dirt to me... haha

I would just think I could get individual ingredients and make the exact same thing locally...

Im sure you could, but for me, i doubt ill have time to get my compost even close before this outdoor season so buying quality soil seems like a massive help to me.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

It seems so silly shipping dirt to me... haha

I would just think I could get individual ingredients and make the exact same thing locally...

Any medium with a heap of wood chips in it is what you steer clear of, damp wood = bad bacteria = mould and fungus. Same as using sugar cane mulch. Searls premium potting mix is pretty good for out door pots. Not expensive either.

• Upvote 1

Any medium with a heap of wood chips in it is what you steer clear of, damp wood = bad bacteria = mould and fungus. Same as using sugar cane mulch. Searls premium potting mix is pretty good for out door pots. Not expensive either.

Is the searls okay for indoors? I wonder why they would put these tiny bark pieces in the propagation mix in the photo!?? Because it’s high humidity when germinating you would think that would just be a breeding ground.

I wanted to find some magic recipe online... but it seems not many people make their own. There is a really good peat mix I can get locally but don’t know what else is in it. I wish I had a degree in plants , they are so fascinating haha