Outdoor preparation (eventually)

So... Ive been trying to digest as much literature as i can lately to start ripping into my garden. The goal is to eventually have a really nice organic compost going and eventually become self sufficient, veggies(we have recently dropped meat) , weed etc. Already have solar and planning on piping in some more rain water tanks.

Will be adding a hempy veggie garden section see how that goes. Gunna dig out my bed and replace the shit soil and start prepping for a big outdoor beast. Maybe a couple autos aswell while the weather is good.

Im fairly new to all of these other than the basic lawn maintenance lol so open to any advice. Im only making this post so early as im bored and spamming other peoples threads too much haha.

Keen for any advice/direction. Will be picking a few brains in the coming months.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

So... Ive been trying to digest as much literature as i can lately to start ripping into my garden. The goal is to eventually have a really nice organic compost going and eventually become self sufficient, veggies(we have recently dropped meat) , weed etc. Already have solar and planning on piping in some more rain water tanks.

Will be adding a hempy veggie garden section see how that goes. Gunna dig out my bed and replace the shit soil and start prepping for a big outdoor beast. Maybe a couple autos aswell while the weather is good.

Im fairly new to all of these other than the basic lawn maintenance lol so open to any advice. Im only making this post so early as im bored and spamming other peoples threads too much haha.

Keen for any advice/direction. Will be picking a few brains in the coming months.

Just search for itchys posts mate. Also cardrona is a wealth of info, and of course the queen of green. I still go back and re-read the stuff they post because there's so much to take in. I'm trying similar but more as hobby. I get an egg a day from the chooks even now haha

Just search for itchys posts mate. Also cardrona is a wealth of info, and of course the queen of green. I still go back and re-read the stuff they post because there's so much to take in. I'm trying similar but more as hobby. I get an egg a day from the chooks even now haha

Yeah reading those guys posts is really getting me fired up, me and the boy planted a couple strawberries in a hempy tub. Need winter to fuck off so i can plant some more haha

Yeah reading those guys posts is really getting me fired up, me and the boy planted a couple strawberries in a hempy tub. Need winter to fuck off so i can plant some more haha

Now's the time prep though which is great. Get the boy digging for worms and get a farm started for castings. Lotsa fun to be had there haha

So ive got an old black compost bin at the back of my yard, will that do the trick or should i build a wooden frame?

There's tonnes of different worm farm designs on the interwebs mate, I went with one that tapers to the bottom so worms stay up top and castings flow to the bottom.

The old man had bath tubs on cinder blocks and covered with old carpet and shit to keep them dark. As long as they're not in direct sunlight through summer and not freezing cold in winter they should be ok.

Check what to feed them too because some scraps such as citrus doesn't fly well with them