Hey guys

So im trying to find some information on if the wattage of lights is more = better yeild or more = bigger area?

Basically my situation is this: I have a teeny grow tent (2x3ft) and im using a 900w meizhi LED light (draws 450w). I got as much light as possible in the thinking that more light = more buds. Im wondering is that the case? Will i theoretically get a larger yeild from a 900w than a 300w which will still give me enough coverage. Temps are dine with the 900w.

Im also thinking with a lower wattage the plants can get closer to the lights giving me more vertical grow space even though the meizhi website reccomends the same distance for each wattage. So maybe the drop in yeild from light power will be balanced out by extra vertical grow space? Power consumption isnt an issue.

What do you guys think is it worth downgrading? Power consumption isnt an issue.

• Upvote 1

I'd say trying to simplify it down to " more light = more bud " is kinda a tricky thing

Some people calculate gram per watt or GM per square inch

So I'd like to say yes more light can equal more bud but only when the grow room grows too

And also more light can mean more heat and burning

I'd just work out what size room you have and the just get a lamp or led that is recommended for the size

I'd say trying to simplify it down to " more light = more bud " is kinda a tricky thing

Some people calculate gram per watt or GM per square inch

So I'd like to say yes more light can equal more bud but only when the grow room grows too

And also more light can mean more heat and burning

I'd just work out what size room you have and the just get a lamp or led that is recommended for the size

Thanks Brim. So if less light equals less burning i should be able to get a 300 or 450w light (LED standards) of the same model closer to the top of the plants?

I’ve never really understood how a light is called a 900w meuzhi if it actually draws 450w ? How does that work ?

The LED manufacturers are basically rating them at what is generally accepted they are equivelant to. So a 900w LED actually draws somewhere around 450 or so but the light output is considered equivelant to a 900w HPS etc. I think like most things you can take it with a pinch of salt but it's close enough.

This thing is pretty bright i have experienced light burn when getting closer than 24 inches