Growing with red cfl

Unfortunately Serrated is right man. Probably not even worth it to add more lights as it will just add more heat to your tent and the LED strips will literally do f**k all, and I'm assuming you don't have an exhaust setup to deal with excess heat.

CFLs are great for clones and seedlings, but not really for anything else. You'll have to train your 2 plants hard to get the most out of them using the fluros.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. But if you actually want decent yields, you need to spend $$$ on a decent setup.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

picked up a 75w blue cfl today to help, i don't really have a budget but want to do it as cheap as possible.

I got an exhaust set up i made from pc fans and charcoal that should do the job removing the heat so thats not really a problem

Probably will top them at about 6-8 inches and train them out like an umbrella 

picked up a 75w blue cfl today to help, i don't really have a budget but want to do it as cheap as possible.

I got an exhaust set up i made from pc fans and charcoal that should do the job removing the heat so thats not really a problem

Fair enough man. Also have a look at fimming instead of topping. Fimming can produce up to 4 colas whereas topping can produce just two. Then use some LST to keep the canopy even. Most people allow 3 - 5 nodes before topping or fimming.

Hope you don't smoke much mate cos if you do you'll be terribly disappointed.

You'll be lucky to get a 1/2 oz off each plant IMO. Have a look at some other diaries where only CFLs have been used and you'll see what to expect.

going back a fair few years we could get 1-2oz off a plant with a house hold fluro in a room tho? use to leave it in the laundry with the light on all the time

• Upvote 1