Growing with red cfl

Hey guys, spent the last of my budget on a completely wrong light for my set up so a friend offered me this for free -

https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Red-Compact-Fluorescent-CFL-Flower-Kit-150W-2700K-10200LM

I have done a fair bit of reading online but still unsure due to all the mixed opinions if it is safe to grow with only a red cfl. Has anyone gotten decent results? it is only for a small stealth grow 3x4 ft.

Cheers

Hey guys, spent the last of my budget on a completely wrong light for my set up so a friend offered me this for free -

https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Red-Compact-Fluorescent-CFL-Flower-Kit-150W-2700K-10200LM

I have done a fair bit of reading online but still unsure due to all the mixed opinions if it is safe to grow with only a red cfl. Has anyone gotten decent results? it is only for a small stealth grow 3x4 ft.

Cheers

You should get a blue spectrum bulb for veg... Or at least a cool white fluro bulb. Red will cause the plant to focus growth in it's stem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edited by Bakedhoven

Thanks guys ill pick up a blue or cool white tomorrow, does the light seem ideal for my micro grow? 3x3x4 ft

Should be fine for just 1 plant... 2 max. You will only get minimum yields on fluros, but good for little stealth grows.

Should be fine for just 1 plant... 2 max. You will only get minimum yields on fluros, but good for little stealth grows.

awesome i'm aiming for 2 and going to keep them short, might look into some led strips too. It's more of a fun project while i wait for my lease to end so i can get a house

awesome i'm aiming for 2 and going to keep them short, might look into some led strips too. It's more of a fun project while i wait for my lease to end so i can get a house

I would even recommend a 250w MH/HPS. You can get a kit off ebay with a ballast, reflector, bulbs and hangers for just under $100 (keep in mind that you get what you pay for). You'll just need some sort of exhaust setup for cooling but you'll see a big increase in yield.

Unfortunately Serrated is right man. Probably not even worth it to add more lights as it will just add more heat to your tent and the LED strips will literally do f**k all, and I'm assuming you don't have an exhaust setup to deal with excess heat.

CFLs are great for clones and seedlings, but not really for anything else. You'll have to train your 2 plants hard to get the most out of them using the fluros.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. But if you actually want decent yields, you need to spend $$$ on a decent setup.