2.5 weeks old and preflowering

I've got some Northern Lights auto seeds on their way. Never grown them but why not. Gonna be growing them in the middle of winter just to see if I can grow while I'm not growing if ya know what I mean. I'm in Qld so the winter is mild anyway.

That sounds awesome! You should have no worries but they will be small. I reckon go and suss a cheaper but effective light to extend veg so you get a bigger plant and yield. Aqua gardening are amazing. Go have a little squizz on their website.

Northern Lights is on my strains to grow list. lol it's extensive. "Gotta grow em all, Cannamon!" lol Once I have all my stuff to start growing with coco instead of peat in my mix, I'm dropping an AK-47 photo.

Here's my photo OG. Gotta hand it to Yantra for breeding resilient super seeds lol. This bean sunk as soon as it was dropped in water (usually means a dud seed, which was the case for my Girl Scout Crack photo, ffs.) Planted it up anyway. Went to go and chuck the contents of it's peat pot out onto newspaper a few days later so I could reuse it to pot up some veggie seedlings with the kids, and I'll be fucked! My son had accidentally dropped the pot, scooped it all back up and didn't tell me until I was about to get rid of the pot! Sure enough, found a germinated seedling with a long healthy white tap root down the bottom of the pot. Carefully replanted her and just thought I'd see what happened. This pic is day I found her, right pic is today only THREE days difference. Yantra make some strong arse seeds that grow into plants that can cop a lot of bullshit.

post-63203-152332690432_thumb.jpeg

And the veggie seeds the kids planted on their own are starting to kick off. They'll be so excited to see them after school.

post-63203-152332700358_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

That sounds awesome! You should have no worries but they will be small. I reckon go and suss a cheaper but effective light to extend veg so you get a bigger plant and yield. Aqua gardening are amazing. Go have a little squizz on their website.

Northern Lights is on my strains to grow list. lol it's extensive. "Gotta grow em all, Cannamon!" lol Once I have all my stuff to start growing with coco instead of peat in my mix, I'm dropping an AK-47 photo.

Here's my photo OG. Gotta hand it to Yantra for breeding resilient super seeds lol. This bean sunk as soon as it was dropped in water (usually means a dud seed, which was the case for my Girl Scout Crack photo, ffs.) Planted it up anyway. Went to go and chuck the contents of it's peat pot out onto newspaper a few days later so I could reuse it to pot up some veggie seedlings with the kids, and I'll be fucked! My son had accidentally dropped the pot, scooped it all back up and didn't tell me until I was about to get rid of the pot! Sure enough, found a germinated seedling with a long healthy white tap root down the bottom of the pot. Carefully replanted her and just thought I'd see what happened. This pic is day I found her, right pic is today only THREE days difference. Yantra make some strong arse seeds that grow into plants that can cop a lot of bullshit.

attachicon.gifMOLDIV

And the veggie seeds the kids planted on their own are starting to kick off. They'll be so excited to see them after school.

attachicon.gif20180410_122028

u cant extend the veg period of an auto hey?

u cant extend the veg period of an auto hey?

Nah, they're set with an internal clock. They flower with age, not light. You could maybe stick it under a flowering light and give it 18 hours a day instead of 12 for the photo. Have a 130W CFL bulb for flowering. Might have to order myself another reflector and chuck them under that for six hours after being outside in the sun. Could do something in improving preflower growth? I dunno, still got the L plates on lol. Will give it a look and try it myself and see what happens. Kind of kickin myself for starting my photos now lol. Could have just changed the bulb over in my current reflector once they had all started preflower and just went for it to see what happens. Hmmm. Got 12 hours of darkness to work with and I'm not much of an early bedtimer. Wonder if I could put the photos under the grow bulb from 6pm-midnight then swap the bulb at midnight to flower from midnight-6am gives them a little nap break until I'm up at 8am to put them out into the greenhouse.

I might be onto something here lol.

Edited by evatil

I dunno, though. Ruderalis flower with age, Sativa and Indica flower with light period, though. Maybe giving them the extra light will fuck me over if they're more photo than auto? Might cause me to have more of the ruderalis genetics coming into play and could affect my THC production.

Just a theory. Definitely would be interested in an autogrowing legend's opinion.

U got more seeds? Don’t waste your time with those little fellas , still worth a plant if u get busted !

So why not use the resources to plant something that is worth the effort n stress

1 of the hardest things I think for new growers is to pull out a small plant going nowhere, u gotta harden up !

If it’s shit ditch it, after a while u learn not to give it a second thought and rip it out .

Sorry to be so blunt , it’s nature n only the strongest survive !

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

U got more seeds? Don’t waste your time with those little fellas , still worth a plant if u get busted !

So why not use the resources to plant something that is worth the effort n stress

1 of the hardest things I think for new growers is to pull out a small plant going nowhere, u gotta harden up !

If it’s shit ditch it, after a while u learn not to give it a second thought and rip it out .

Sorry to be so blunt , it’s nature n only the strongest survive !

You're bang on, Mac. I'm gonna be doing it with the kid's veggie seedlings and all my other seedlings to make sure the strongest ones are in there. One day I'm gonna be set up with enough seeds and weed to do the same thing with my cannabis, but right now... nahhh lol let's see what the scabby little things do. Might get a gram [emoji23]

I go along the lines of how cheap a auto seed can be compared to buying. If works out i get more buds than i would have paid to buy will be happy untill my normal plants are ready. So far gotten rid of 2 babies because they seemed not quiet right. Ones i want to use for clones have put into ground well out of sight. They'll take longer but i want it that way.

Yeah it’s a theory, buts how’s this for a theory

Veg for 16 weeks , flower for another 10 weeks

Then pull 1 1/2 lbs + per square metre indoors through summer

Now I wonder in perfect conditions how many autos u would need to get that yield ?

Knowing what I know now to what I knew then I think u could add at least 1/3 of that again