2.5 weeks old and preflowering

Got 3 mixed auto fem beans from Yantra, as well as other strains I picked. Have stunted it through overwatering, transplanting, blah blah blah, common noob stuff that I promise I'm outgrowing. Anyway, when I was putting the seedling forest under the lights last night, I noticed that one of my mystery autos has got herself preflowering. lol she's so tiny and ridiculous. Wonder what strain it is to be kicking off so soon... Blue Cush, maybe? Just gave me a bit of a laugh. Kids, this is why you don't mess around with overwatering and transplanting with autos [emoji23]

post-63203-152331268038_thumb.jpeg

post-63203-152331268712_thumb.jpeg

Kids, this is why you don't mess around with overwatering and transplanting with autos [emoji23]

attachicon.gif20180410_082127-0

attachicon.gif20180410_082136-0

lol eva. that shows the biggest problem if people advise noobs to grow auto's. Autos are probably the worst choice for noobs imo.  If you don't get them growing right from the get go all you end up with is tiny plants you can only laugh at and put down to experience on how not to get a good harvest.

:peace: MongyMan

I've got some photos that are flowering at the same height but they're outdoors and just put it down to planting it too late.

Yeah, that's what it is. Never mind! Should still get you some buds to make your hassle worthwhile. I'm hoping I can get my photo cranking by extending veg with supp lighting for 6 hours on top of the just under 12 hours daylight they're getting. It's under 24/0 with my auto seedlings while it's in it's first two weeks. After all the auto seedlings are past 3 weeks, the photo will have the little light I have, all to itself.

Hoping to get myself two decent photos going that I can flower up closer to the end of winter and into early spring. Don't think I'll run into many problems with re-vegging as long as I keep her under at least 18/6 through veg. I hope lol. Otherwise, they'll be getting put in a cupboard once their 12 hours of light is done a day lol.

I'm only running a 130W CFL in a reflector, should do the trick for supplement lighting them. Pretty cheap and I found a joint that does Afterpay. Company was brilliant, even called me when I stupidly ordered a reflector that wouldn't support the bulbs I was getting and made a suggestion on the one that would be good. Got couriered here so fast from up North to me. Might be a thought? Your plants look amazing anyway, Max. Big or small, they look really great and you should feel proud of yourself!

• Upvote 1

lol eva. that shows the biggest problem if people advise noobs to grow auto's. Autos are probably the worst choice for noobs imo. If you don't get them growing right from the get go all you end up with is tiny plants you can only laugh at and put down to experience on how not to get a good harvest.

:peace: MongyMan

You're not wrong, Mongy! However, sometimes we need to just do it and have a laugh in order to do something that's more serious after learning from our mistakes, you know? My first planting of autos, I knew they were never going to be much. I've never done this before, so I'm keeping expectations reasonable and acceptable. I don't care if I get a gram of dried bud from each plant, as long as I can grow it and keep it alive, I will learn lessons for the next crop. My second planting of autos will be better, not the absolute best, but better because I've already learnt my overwatering and transplant lesson. Still more lessons to come, but I'm having a go and really enjoying it and in the end, that's all that matters to me. I shall tame the autos one day and they will call me Captain Autoflower. (If anyone takes this screen name here, I'll rage!)

But, yeah, noobs, take this from a fellow noob now. You can chuck all the fertilizers in the world at autos, but unless you know NOT to transplant them and NOT to stunt with kindness, you aren't gonna get the advertised yields on the website you bought ya beans on. It will take time and taking advice on-board from other growers that are learning lessons to save you from learning it.

However, I've never been good at learning the lessons unless I make the mistakes myself. She might be a little unit, but I think she's wonderful and it's been so cool watching her tri-weirdo self growing.

Stress?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Yeah. Watered way too much, started in a peat pot, chucked into a too small pot until the rhizo pots showed up, moved to the rhizo pot, and then she went for a huge stack the other day when my little el cheapo greenhouse shelf fell with my 3 best growers sitting in it. I'm surprised she's even still alive, to be honest. Have pretty much done an "Everything that can go wrong will go wrong" grow. Getting a bunch of lessons out of the way early so my new auto seedlings stand a fighting chance lol.

post-63203-15233193158_thumb.jpeg

Fucking wasted. Was shattered when I heard this big bang and ran out the back to see em all fucked up. White Widow's roots held her in the pot for the most part. Really healthy and a tonne of roots. The spill hasn't really seemed to have slowed her down much if at all. She's growing like a champ. If I was a bettin' lady (and I am) I'd put my money on her to yield the most. She's goin all right.

Got a lot of heavy stuff happening in my world lately and having my plants and doing my gardening is keeping me together to be strong for everyone else. No matter the yield, it's been more than worth it.

You're not wrong, Mongy! However, sometimes we need to just do it and have a laugh in order to do something that's more serious after learning from our mistakes, you know? My first planting of autos, I knew they were never going to be much. I've never done this before, so I'm keeping expectations reasonable and acceptable. I don't care if I get a gram of dried bud from each plant, as long as I can grow it and keep it alive, I will learn lessons for the next crop. My second planting of autos will be better, not the absolute best, but better because I've already learnt my overwatering and transplant lesson. Still more lessons to come, but I'm having a go and really enjoying it and in the end, that's all that matters to me. I shall tame the autos one day and they will call me Captain Autoflower. (If anyone takes this screen name here, I'll rage!)

Exactly Captain Autoflower lol. Autos are great fun and breeding has seen a lot more decent auto stains become available over recent years but if they get a slow start there is better gentics available if a noob is relying on a harvest for meds was where I was coming from.

Exactly Captain Autoflower lol. Autos are great fun and breeding has seen a lot more decent auto stains become available over recent years but if they get a slow start there is better gentics available if a noob is relying on a harvest for meds was where I was coming from.

For sure, Mongy, ya dead right. I had that little noob idea at the start. Automatic flowering strains? Hell yeah! Seed to weed in 60 days? Sign me tf up!

I'm gonna keep a couple of autos in full rotation. Gonna mulch with green manure, cut it down before seed, cover with lucerne and just keep it going. Pull out one plant, cut her up, use the left overs in my compost pile, stick in another established seedling that's been growing in a largish coco pot, stick her in the middle after the soil's had a bit of time to age (will be moving to coco over peat for my next grow) and off we go again in the same pot. No wasting the soil, always feeding it, should get me a couple of good results, I'm hoping. Organics are my game for outdoor. Will bugger around with nutrient feedings when I get an indoor set up, which should be soon! I'm so keen to have a crack at it.

Exactly Captain Autoflower

Thank you for addressing me correctly. Edited by evatil