Not exactly stealth

Good point, pedro. We've been fed the Yanks history, and yet have little knowledge of the plants history in Australia since Colonisation. 

Only bit I'm aware of that the Colonies use to grow a bit of hemp (not canna), and export some/most of it back to the U.K. But that info might even be dodgy.

Edited by Indycar

It wasn't outlawed here till 1938 because of a reefer madness campaign.

The act was updated in 1938 to the Federal Pure Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act of 1938 which remains in effect even today, creating a legal paradox for federal sentencing. Thats the American law. Ive just poached both of those of Wikipedia. Ive watched a few docos on this subject and most of them said it was Dupont that lobbied the American government to out law it. Ill try to find a link to one of them

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good point, pedro. We've been fed the Yanks history, and yet have little knowledge of the plants history in Australia since Colonisation.

Only bit I'm aware of that the Colonies use to grow a bit of hemp (not canna), and export some/most of it back to the U.K. But that info might even be dodgy.

It said in Wikipedia farmers were encouraged to grow it here and given land to do it on untill the early 1900s

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Pedro de pacas up one mate...

Just seems a bit rediculous that australia follows suit with following trends...

I thought australia was a leader in technology...

If you look at India the colony (The Queen) banned the use and consumption for all Indians bar the few that used it for religious ceremony...

It was introduced to fund the world wars... ie...ie me harty...

Who reckons world diversity of the plant is out there and Mongy weed is the indigenous version of cannabis /hemp... the mongy plant is a mutation of the chemical revolution

All boils down to greed anyway...

lol Mongy you are a product of cannabis evolution ♡ but that said the mongy weed is a Australian native.

Maybe Aqua, is a fair bit pointing to that fact but can't know for sure as yet.

I'm interested to know what sharkers thoughts (or is it experience with the strains?) are on the genetics though? What makes you say "the mongy plant is a mutation of the chemical revolution" is this something you have experience with? There is a lot of people who speculate cannabis australis is a result of using colchicine but that's just an urban myth. Is this what you are referring to?

:peace: MongyMan