Need advice or recommendations

Hey friends. Out of the blue I find out I need to go away for 2 weeks but don't want to leave my girls to die don't have a tap near but need a way to keep them watered and alive. I've heard of putting a bottle with some holes In the soil or some drip spikes but wondering if you guys knew any other or better ways to keep my girls hydrated.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

That's a "How long is a piece of string? sort of question lol

You're question is a bit vague with very little info. How are you growing? What's your medium? ie soil, coco, perlite What age are your plants? Where are you growing? What's your average temps like? 

These are all questions that are vary any of the responses you're gonna get. Vague info will only get you vague answers. You need to give us a bit more info.

Growing indoors in 70% soil 30% perlite they are 18 days from seed (auto flower) when I leave they will be 41 days from seed average temp is around 80. Im struggling to see how this is a 'how long is a piece of string question?" All I'm asking is a little irrigation advice too keep my girls alive while I'm away.

Growing indoors in 70% soil 30% perlite they are 18 days from seed (auto flower) when I leave they will be 41 days from seed average temp is around 80. Im struggling to see how this is a 'how long is a piece of string question?" All I'm asking is a little irrigation advice too keep my girls alive while I'm away.

Temps are around 80. . Bloody hell mate, stick a pie in there it'll be ready in an hour

• Upvote 1

Im struggling to see how this is a 'how long is a piece of string question?" All I'm asking is a little irrigation advice too keep my girls alive while I'm away.

The reason I say it's a 'how long is a piece of string question?" with the info you provided are:- 

​1. Growing method:- If you were outdoor your plant would have access to rain and night moisture. You'd have sunlight vs artificial light. Indoor you need to provide everything ie light, fluids, air etc. Outside you don't

2. Your medium- If it was 100% soil it would retain more water than say perlite, as perlite retains bugger all water. So your medium can have a large impact on the fluids used.

​3. Plant age:- Smaller plants need less fluids than bigger, more mature plants

​4. Where are you growing? Again, indoor you need to provide everything. Outdoor environmental conditions make a difference ie If you are in QLD it's different to growing in TAS. This also has an impact.

​5. Average temps? There is a process called trans evaporation where tthe temp evaporates fluids from within the plants leaves, higher temps=more evaporation

​I understand that you're struggling to see the relevance of these questions and although you're only wanting info regarding irrigation, irrigation is only but one part of the growing process. All of the questions I have asked above can have an impact on the responses you may get. Being that you are indoor, personally, I'd be setting up a full auto watering system. I'm not sure when you plan on going away and a full auto watering system can take some time to setup and refine to be fully self sustaining (without having floods) but it can be done. It's just a case of balance ie fresh coming in equalling what the plant uses.

​With temps around 80 I suspect that you are talking 80F, which leads me to ask, Are you in Australia?

​Anyways, I hope this explains just why I was asking the questions above. It was to give you a more holistic answer and not just a case of me being a rude bastard.

​Merl1n

• Upvote 2